breather
29c6zhh.jpg

coffee and cake
2ia97rn.jpg

gil making his ti yo hard to capture
2h65cax.jpg

bike of the ride
2m7axr5.jpg

retro car - looks to be a genuine g 60 with a well fitting carbon bonnet.
2dlm7gp.jpg

Well it was good to put faces to screen names. Lovely area. Shame didn't ride. Shame about the lack of signs :twisted:

This time it was deliberate though :oops: but in my defence he did capture, train and release a wild dear with the specific aim of killing me :shock:

Yes next time I shall be training an ostrich.

No worries about the big push Mat :twisted:

I would like to thank Mat also for a fantastic morning, and it was great to see such a big turn out in wonderful English summer weather, hope to see you all again soon.

i loved the free flowing single track, those little jumps in the play areas and the H bar loved those tight twists in the dark pine forests :twisted:

25 miles of quality riding, loved every minute.

never had so much fun in the mud and puddles too, bet there has never been many $16,000 Ti bikes in those conditions :LOL: :oops:

Had to give the bike a kick this morning , freewheel tried to seize , they seem to have a habit of doing that after being dunked in muddy water . I didn't notice the last one until a week later when I suddenly found myself the owner of a fixed gear :LOL:

It seems that very much like treating a dog badly makes it a savage man attacker , neglecting a singlespeed turns it into a fixed gear .

I think the cracking sound was in fact the bottom bracket , it was worn out when I put it in but I was limited in crank choice so had to go with a crappy square taper . My new hope bottom bracket turned up at work today so I think I have found a home for it ( colleagues thought it opulent that I spent £60 on a bottom bracket without having a bike waiting for it ) I just need to get the middleburn cranks now .

None of the alloy bolts in either the stem or the ones holding the brakes on sheared , which is nice .

Andy B":xgzmaiw7 said:
GPS recorded the ride in 2 parts, I think there might be data missing, but the ride length came in @ 25.5 miles on the GPS (21.3 on the bike computer :? )

Andy, must have been all that wheeeelieeeing around the tables at lunchtime, or the amount you traveled over those scary doubles in the Jump Park.
More importantly have you managed to work out a Max and average temperature for the day.

velocitizen":21zgfg4r said:
Andy B":21zgfg4r said:
GPS recorded the ride in 2 parts, I think there might be data missing, but the ride length came in @ 25.5 miles on the GPS (21.3 on the bike computer :? )
Andy, must have been all that wheeeelieeeing around the tables at lunchtime, or the amount you traveled over those scary doubles in the Jump Park.
More importantly have you managed to work out a Max and average temperature for the day.
:LOL: the tabletops were fun, if a little scary clipped in :twisted:

Anyone got any pics of the sick^rad 6 inches of air I was getting :LOL:

No idea on the avg/max temp's though, bike computer only gives current data on temps, it's currently 71.4° in the workshop ;)

I was far too in awe of your awesome radness to be able to get my camera out.

Good job there were no girls about. You'd have been sure to get them pregnant just looking at you

did anyone else feel a bit wierd riding through the training trenches by the way?

Yeah - every time I came up to bunny hop over the trench I felt like someone was holding the wheel and wobbling it, causing me to get off and look pathetic. ;)

Know what you mean though - bit strange - wouldnt rush back to that bit.

Back