Marin Team Titanium 1999

That is looking nice, good to see some parts that have been used over the years and not just NOS stuff as well.

ti-sports is/used to be the leisure/sports arm of sandvik. sandvik owns other trade names eg. bahco, and sandvik even make the metal backs for i-pods!

The bike is fully functional and has been ridden several times to iron out the niggles.

I don't consider it finished, as I still have about 20 bolts that I'll replace with mainly titanium, but a few alloy as well.

It rides amazingly well on the cross country tyres. I felt the traction pro were too much for summer rides, and I'll save them for heavy winters. A root around in my spare tubes box brought up some Michelin latex tubes for the job.

The Black USE alloy post was switched for a never-seen-before carbon version. I'm led to believe these weren't marketed, as I've never seen one before, and neither has anybody else. If you know different, then let me know. Anyway, it's very forgiving, and far more comfortable than the alloy ones, not to mention it looks 10 times cooler.

In an effort to shed weight I bought some Titec foam grips. I think they are 22 grams. It's not the lightest bike I own, but very comfortable and very fast. I find I'm pushing around in big ring all the time, and deliberately going out of my way to hammer down an old familiar bridleway or even drop off big kurbs like a kid. It's just so versatile and turns me into a teenager everytime I ride it.

There's a saying that you should never meet your idols, but after a decade of waiting I'm glad I have. With such a safe choice in an idol, nothing is unexpected or disappointing, it's just bloody fantastic.

Not much more to say, other than I hope you like it, and enjoy the pictures.

P1000773.jpg

P1000788.jpg

P1000787.jpg

P1000786.jpg

P1000785.jpg

P1000783.jpg

P1000782.jpg

P1000789.jpg

P1000781.jpg

P1000780.jpg

P1000779.jpg

P1000778.jpg

P1000777.jpg

P1000776.jpg

P1000775.jpg

P1000774.jpg

seriously nice build. :cool:

only thing i'd be nervous about is the carbon USE post, especially with the saddle bolt for the cross piece so close (touching?) the post. :shock:

Back