Work bikes

Every Tuesday and Thursday the Kuwahara Lynx is my workingbike. Starting the day on a Kuwahara is not a bad thing :D

Attachments

• kuwahara_lynx.jpg
    kuwahara_lynx.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 6,782
bduc61":28rk9ka0 said:
purists will balk :LOL:
Nah it looks cool

Here's my current

Sunn Dix 1993 (steel)
Sunn Rudd stem
Cane Creek headset
Crossmax 1
Stelvio tires
M900 cranks
Streakx ti post
Flite Evo 1
Ti bars 47cm
Ergon grips
M950/Avid brakes
M910 levers
M950 rear mech
Look Keo pedals

4628961630_36afb4d895_b.jpg

my work bike

Ride 15m each way to work on this, has been a brilliant bike so for got rid of these tyres had 3 puntures in 3 days so got some Armadillos... no punctures so far!!

Attachments

• CIMG2209ab.jpg
    CIMG2209ab.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 6,427
and one of my retro's this was my work ide until a few weeks ago when I got the Kona Smoke.

This is a Diamond Back Ascent EX circa 1988/89.

DSCF11761024x768.jpg

commute bike = 1993 Stumpjumper owned from new...

main.php

Still on original block and chain, and front brake blocks (and it shifts and stops very nicely, thankyou).
Haven't been offroad on it for a long old while (I think the last time was in a forest somewhere, where I went over the handleabars at low speed face-first into a tree).
Largely original from when it was built up (by me, at Edinburgh Bicycle) - though unfortunately I recently had to rebuild the rear wheel with a new mavic rim and spokes due to some scrote reversing a mini-digger into it where it was locked up at a station .. BX23 rims a bit thin on the ground but I'd still like to rebuild it with the genuine article. Also got a taller seatpin having finally got tired of creaking knees...

Other non-Specialized spec (though original timeperiod replacements):
Royce Ti bottom bracket (creaks like a bugger)
Flite
Control tech 150mm (I think, though I'd have to measure it) stem
Marin Lite (VERY light - 130g) alloy bars
Xlite stubbies (w. Ti clamp bolts, no less)
Spesh grips are maybe 2000-era.
Shimano 1-sided SPD pedals in place of the original DX-spec SPDs of the era (which I still have).
Rear brake blocks I replaced last year I think.

(pics of details in my profile/gallery thingy)
It could do with some TLC but it's a commute bike - what do you expect!

So this is my new daily runner. Not very ----> 1997 but still funny.

Attachments

• Dahon Silvertip.JPG
    Dahon Silvertip.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 7,442
This cobbled together example has been my daily ride for about 18 months now. It was £8 odd off ebay but I gave the bloke £9 and said "keep the change" :? . It usually has a rack, took it off for the photo so she could look her best. Bought a Kona Hahanna for a Summer commute more recently but I'm still strangely drawn towards picking the Marin most mornings.

Attachments

• The Workhorse.JPG
    The Workhorse.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 7,409
Back