NEVER jump with CARBON bars OUCH lucky escape!!!!!!

Generally alloy bars tend to snap rather than bend (IME)

Steel bars are pretty much the only bars that usually bend before snapping

Plenty of good carbon bars out there, the EC70 Monkeybars I have on my Orange5 are superb, I like a bit of airtime & I'm not the most graceful of riders, but I do only weigh 10.5 Stone

Some manufacturers have very good warranty/replacement schemes, Syntace have a 10 year warranty on their products & a goodwill scheme for misuse & abuse!

A Fritzz might have been a better option for a 5ft drop off ;)

LOL my mate John who im going to Morzine with in 3weeks has a Fritzz.
These FSA bars cost me £145.00!!! so they arnt cheap, but i dont think they are a AM or DH bar, my fault really i think i just took it for granted that bars dont snap, as i dont know anyone that has had any snap, i only went for them ones for pure bling factor, but no more my new ones arnt the right colour but at least they wont snap and send me flying, the Havoc is the burly version of the 70 monkeylites :LOL: which is what i have gone for

graham1975":u6hjv5ym said:
Just out of curiosity, who has snapped there bars? were they carbon, alloy, steel?

I have snapped some 7005 series marin alloy risers back in the day,about 1998 no warning just jumped a mound at the local bmx track and when I landed the left hand side snapped at the bend and I still have the scar on my fingers where the alloy went in and man did I bleed :cry: :cry: and had to have eight stitches in my fingers,but amazingly my spinergy rev x where undamaged.(the only other time I have felt such pain was when I got a size 14 micro barb fish hook in my right testacle but that is another story) ;)

graham1975":26grjqqp said:
I should have used my bluepig lol, well isnt that rather silly regarding impact, as a mountain bike is ment for raging around and falling off and falling over, so if i bought a 3K carbon frame and fell off it and the bike ran its self into a tree i could never trust the frame not to snap!?? thats barmy.
So in theory dont buy anything thats carbon for a mountain bike.
I mean come on.... who hasnt fallen off there bike.

Don't buy anything carbon for a mountainbike....I couldn't agree more :D

I have snapped a carbon seat post jumping a fallen tree, but never a pair of carbon bars. But then again I probably would not do a 5ft drop off!!!!! :LOL:

Ah im the other way of a fasion, never snapped a seatpost but i did once sheer the bolts on the seat due to a heavy landing and had to cycle 8mile back stood up............ have you ever tryed cycling along way stood up!? by god it hurts your legs

graham1975":25arb7w1 said:
Ah im the other way of a fasion, never snapped a seatpost but i did once sheer the bolts on the seat due to a heavy landing and had to cycle 8mile back stood up............ have you ever tryed cycling along way stood up!? by god it hurts your legs

Yes I have, a couple of weeks ago actually when I got savage chaffage at the Set2Rise lol

Back