East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Might get a bit of a ride sorted soonish ( plenty of vagueness in that sentence :LOL: ) Rob mentioned doing my slightly illegal loop which would be ok for an evening starting and stopping at a pub . It's nothing amazing but ok to kill an evening if your not miles away . You can choose from either a long slight uphill ( this is the trespassy bit ) - short technical downhill - a nippy bit of flat and ending in a longish downhill or go the other way and have a uphill that makes you use your legs -nippy bit of flat - technical uphill and ending in a long sweeping downhill . trouble is both downhills are fun in 2 completely different ways . If you really really wanted we could just go around each way . I think going around last time took a couple of hours . For both it would probably be a day off scenario .

If your feeling frisky I can show the small 5 mile loop that I can do in 18mins and we can have a bit of a time trial .

I reckon I could also get a local rider I know to take us around the viking challenge route ( I can't really remember it :LOL: ) plus he knows the area much betterer than me :oops: he will be on a very modern bike though . 30 miles and I did it in a bit under 3 hours so good for a morning or evening when people don't have work that day , 4 hours at a nice pace , loads of road interspersed but some up and downhill bits .

if you guys organise an evening ride at the pines, or any rides on the lincolnshire side of nottinghamshire give me a shout.

nice riding with y'all on sunday

Latest posts

Back