Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re: QUANTUM

D nelson":1z1swwgf said:
Jese you must be as tall as peter crouch!! MT4 looks the biz, how come the QUANTUM is minus the shoxs?

6'2" with a 34" inside leg.

I never got on with bouncy shocks, I am quite fast enough down hill, climbing is where I struggle so I figure rigid is the way forward.

I swapped the Mag20's for a Control Tech stem and the rigid spinner forks off a 1993 Ogre XT, and a beer or 2 IIRC. :D

I still have a control tech stem awaiting the 19" D-T I am looking for. :D

I have a Torus and a DT700 in pink... more images in the gallery.

Mr K

Attachments

• Torus Titanium.jpg
    Torus Titanium.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,756
  • Torus.jpg
    Torus.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,756
bikemeister2000 without trawling all of your old posts I'm guessing you worked at SPD back in the day . Do you still live in Nottingham? I live in Nottingham and back in the day used to ride with a couple of guys from Raleigh one from SPD the other head of stores ended up getting all sorts of kit to try(wish I kept them) and also used to go out and ride with Paul Hinton a bit .Those days are my fondest memories of cycling . if they still made bikes in the place of that stupid sculpture thing I would still be riding them now I have a very special fondnes for Raleigh SPD and everybike they made

:D Next question:

Seatpost diameter for an MT4 please.

Nearly got all the bits I need and SWMBO is away for the weekend. :D

Bike bliss.

Rob

It'll probably take a 26.4mm post, but I could well be wrong.

The post off the cinder cone is 26.4 (I think - sizing worn off) and it is too tight for comfort.....but thanks for getting back to me Paul. It was hot on Saturday, hope you survived the ride.

Back