Anyone heard of a Hooger Booger?

Has anyone heard of a Hooger Booger

Hi Yes,
A mate and I both purchased a Hooger c 19 years ago in Bristol UK. I went for the Comp Lx model and having had many suspension bikes etc since, never had the heart to ditch the booger. It's done Lands End - John O Groats twice (the Original Farmer John tyres were substituted for some slicks) and countless miles both on and off road with never a prob.

In fact it lay in the shed for 5 years once, got on it, quick pump of the tyres, lubrication and went like it had never been put away.

It's just been into a bike shop in Penzance too where the guy was quite impressed with the retro-ness of it and quality of components.

LONG LIVE THE BOOGER

Hooger Booger

I still own a Hooger Booger Blaster. I purchased it from a friends shop in Jan. 1992. He told me that he had got a few of them coming in from Moore & Large, and the brand was from Europe, but they were owned by Scotts. The bike had Shimano STI. gear shifts, Shimano brakes, and many other good components. He had been suggested to sell them for around £500. I took his reccomendation and ordered it without seing it. When it arrived I was a little shocked, the bottom half was a nice dark/light blue colour scheme, but the top half and the forks were like something out of Austin Powers. I toned it down with a protector pad across the middle. I had wanted to have it sprayed red or silver, and have suspension forks fitted. I left it as it was, and Im glad, because I have never seen another one like it.

Re: Hooger Booger

paul staffs":1cz8v5s1 said:
I still own a Hooger Booger Blaster. I purchased it from a friends shop in Jan. 1992. He told me that he had got a few of them coming in from Moore & Large, and the brand was from Europe, but they were owned by Scotts. The bike had Shimano STI. gear shifts, Shimano brakes, and many other good components. He had been suggested to sell them for around £500. I took his reccomendation and ordered it without seing it. When it arrived I was a little shocked, the bottom half was a nice dark/light blue colour scheme, but the top half and the forks were like something out of Austin Powers. I toned it down with a protector pad across the middle. I had wanted to have it sprayed red or silver, and have suspension forks fitted. I left it as it was, and Im glad, because I have never seen another one like it.

any pics m8 ?

i just remember them being germanic ,and a for some reason associate them with checker pig ,wrongly obviously

mikee said:
paul staffs said:

any pics m8 ?

i just remember them being germanic ,and a for some reason associate them with checker pig ,wrongly obviously

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 9,814

paul staffs - do you still have this? I had the exact same frame/forks BITD - bought from a LBS - they had some connection with Scott I think.

Will have to dig out a pic of mine. :D

I had a Comp XT in 1993, it was a fantastic bike..Full XT. It was very close to a Kona the way it rode.

Never took a picture of it.

Still miss it even now!!! :(

Digging up an old thread I know but I've just got hold of some Hooger Booger brochures, possibly dated early 90's? A mate had one as his first MTB and it was OK but he soon changed to an Orange once he got into the sport more.

Typical 90's 'explosion of colour' printing ;)

Attachments

• HoogerBooger.2.A.jpg
    HoogerBooger.2.A.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 3,969
  • HoogerBooger.1.A.jpg
    HoogerBooger.1.A.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 3,948
cool

there was an xt equiped one in my LBS for a sevice a couple of weeks ago ,sparkly purple and pink paint , looked used/loved condition

Nice brochure...mine came with a carbon seat post and mavic rims!! I had a small frame too, looked great with a sloping top tube!!

Back