Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The retrobike archive > http://bit.ly/d2ZUrY is one of the larger collections of catalogues, scans, articles, reviews and pictures on the web.

Thing is it doesn't get a lot of use. Time and time again I see people requesting information available in the archive or referencing other sites which contain information in the archive.

So would quite like some input as to why...

I do use it but find it tricky to navigate sometimes in certain parts of it - e.g. the user albums - it used to be organised with a tree down the left which you could scan down for the user you were looking for (although that wasn't alphabetical I seem to recall), now it doesn't appear to have a structure. Not a priority granted, but I guess might make it more accessible?

An excellent resource though which I use frequently. :D

I do use it, but only when I need to. For instance researching bikes that I'm looking at on ebay for sizing or other info.

I don't tend to browse like I would on the rest of the site.

Being new to the forum I wasn't aware of it. Ill have a poke around and get started on it soon!

Never realised it was there. I only use the forum.
More practically I never look back at old posts on forums. Its easier to start a new one one.Is this selfish?

Its poorly laid out & should be in alphabetic order in terms of manufacturer then sub divided into year -that's the basics in order to have a good library of knowledge one can research.

Nob":1c02yrb6 said:
Its poorly laid out & should be in alphabetic order in terms of manufacturer then sub divided into year -that's the basics in order to have a good library of knowledge one can research.
It is both to some extent, certainly in alphabetical order and assuming a date was applied to the tags you can search by year. The problem is not all have tags, generally because year is unknown.
The software is not the easiest to store in unfortunatly and many being in off catalogue form makes searching even harder. But if people take the time much info can be found,

Back