MacRetro National Event - Glentress

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Better start thinking about our last National Event at Glentress in October 23rd - 24th.

So options for Accomodation can include camping and I recommend Rosetta Campsite in Peebles http://www.rosettacaravanpark.co.uk/ There is a bar etc on site and the delights of Peebles for food and drink at various price levels exists They have a rather good and quite large indian restaraunt . numerous B&B's/hotels etc are also available after a quick google search. There are also wooden Wigwams behind the Hub Cafe at the tress itself.

As for proposed ride I suggest on Saturday morning we climb to the radio mast by the Black route which has superb veiws, stopping at the free ride park on route then full red descent back to hub and lunch. Afternoon, full red ascent then Spooky for the second time but then switching to the full blue descent back to freeride park for more shenanigans, a go at boom or bust the secret single track old school bit then full blue descent back to the hub for afternoon tea. We then head to base for clean up, food and beer.

Sunday morning for anyone with any energy left is a visit to Innerleithen for its full red course or a bit of old school DH or even XC if we can work out a fun route. Lunch in some pub or cafe then all head home.

October could be cold and wet so sticking close to GT might be the best plan on both days but you never know.

Suggestions for tweaks and improvements welcome. However a suggestion of we should do this route or that, which has not been researched will not be entertained. I'd happily do the old DH course at Inners on the Sunday but this will not happen unless someone goes out and finds it and proves it can be run today !

Start saying your bit guys ;)

I believe this will be makable for me, my contract is up the last week of September and I'm taking a month before I look for anything else.

I will most likely make something before that as well but work+kids+her indoors= I don't know what I'm doing until an hour before hand.

Im up for both days but inners on Sunday dependent on weather and run taken can be like riding in a mud slide, I have done most runs there in most weathers so Im up for most anything at inners.

Since I only know the down section of spooky and the skills park I'm just going to go with the flow for Saturday, just be warned me and XC have only briefly met, more to come in the months right enough.

DHrider the downhill route we intend doing at inners isn't on their current maps - last raced in about 91/2 - probably a lot less exciting than you are used to but if you run a 50 - 12 set up and have the legs then 50mph should be achieveable.

I'll get down over the summer hols velo, but the weekends are filling up fast. Dave when are you free?

Cheers, I was all about the DH fast paced stuff a few years back but after a few years out and a few DH sessions this year Im growing towards the more relaxed pace of XC with a bit of light downhill in the mix, I still do hard core downhill but the only reason for it is the folks I ride with are more orientated that way.

This year myself I have done more XC, out with friends its always DH.

Nice one Velo, the only thing is I think the campsite looks a bit tea and slippers but as you've said it is handy. Are we discounting the accomo at GT?

Only bother with GT acommodation is its a couple of miles from the spendours of Peebles. I'm not discounting it, folk can stay there if they choose, I just fancy staying within staggering distance of food/beer :D

Rosetta is a wee bit as you say Kaiser, but all camping and caravan club venues I've ever been to are the same. The camping fields are at the top of the hill beyond the caravaners close to the bar, arcade, games room, showers/toilets etc. Place is quite popular as a base for mtb'rs checking out GT and Inners.

I'll badger Dave about checking out Inners BITD DH course ;)

Could finish the sunday with a bbq at chez boxxer if I can swing it with the Mra and it isnt bucketing down....

Back