Ti/V.good quality rigid forks, which one?

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Am looking for a Ti/V.good quality rigid disc specific fork for my '95 Kilauea. The geometry is suited to accept max 65mm travel fork so this has to be taken into consideration. Also am around 215lbs so that rules out any pace forks. P2s' are out as well as they dont do a triple butted disc specific version. Have been looking at the 80mm version of the fork in this link below but any other suggestions would be welcomed.

http://www.dmcx.com/en/a128.html

I wouldn't look at any of those XACD type forks, I would look for a decent custom fork to suit your needs. Black Sheep, Vicious Cycles, IF, etc. There was a thread about this only a couple of weeks ago - let me see if I can find it...

pete_mcc":2cmbbyhr said:
I wouldn't look at any of those XACD type forks, I would look for a decent custom fork to suit your needs. Black Sheep, Vicious Cycles, IF, etc. There was a thread about this only a couple of weeks ago - let me see if I can find it...

What's XACD?

Sorry, just seen from the other link that it's the manufacturer!

Thought for a minute it was the acronym for some new cycling discipline like Cross Airborne Country Dirt or something!

No it's a Ti welding plant in Taiwan that is responsible for a majority of cheaper Ti frames and forks, not much wrong with it it's just designed for the masses not custom made for the individual

Hmm, I like the sound of the bike you're intending to build out of the remaining half of your Kilauea frame! Pics please, other thread (added mine tonight AEST)

ti forks

like the look of those on-one forks on the score, maybe give them a call as was looking at their steel version for a while anyway. will get pics up asap geoff but that could be a while as there is a few weeks turnaround for a frame from argos cycles and i'm still waiting on the decals b4 i can send it

Please be concerned about ti forks. Take a lesson from Rody...he reckons steer clear of a ti fork full stop and I can see his point.

I had a pair of those XCAD/CAM/etc? chinese forks and even though they weighed NOTHING and looked pretty cool I sold them on in the end. A lot of people on here sent me links to the snapped ones that kept appearing on MTBR. A snapped ti rigid fork is not something I would like to go down on.... :shock:

Also ti flexes like crazy. It doesnt seem quite right when riding along on them. Even the old skool quality IRD ti forks I have on the Fat Ti now flex like buggery when braking or tracking over stuff. They do seem a little worrying and I wouldnt want to beat the sh*t out of them just in case.

As Rody has said in the past - I would really stick with a steel fork. Safer, stronger and cheaper to boot.

Back