Thunder, lightning and mud: Sherwood Pines aftermath 6/6/10

06062010907.jpg

06062010908.jpg

bike of the ride!

06062010909.jpg

thats the last of my pics........

oh, and my sherwood 'tan' :LOL:

06062010910.jpg

and i drove for miles and miles looking for a garage........just made it with 5 mile left in the tank :shock:

06062010911.jpg

Best ride of my life :D

Big thanks to all who organised this ride & all those who turned up.

Great pics, although I mostly seem to be fiddling with my helmet in most of them... Sorry for mentally scarring you Dave :LOL:

I Will be back @ Sherwood again, fricking loved it even in the wet conditions, can't wait to come back in the dry, superb singletrack riding & great off piste stuff :cool:

GPS recorded the ride in 2 parts, I think there might be data missing, but the ride length came in @ 25.5 miles on the GPS (21.3 on the bike computer :? )

Pt1: http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/work ... id=2611335

pt2: http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/work ... id=2611321

Loving the sherwood tan! :D the misses went mad at me when I rock in looking like my arse had let go! Again top day, top boys and count me in for the next gathering!

Oh forgot to mention... Think I told Dave? I bumped into Chris Edison of Edison cycles. I've not seen him for 10yrs but he'd ridden over from Chesterfield on his bike done a lap and was on his way back when we where starting. Check this out he was on his first ever MTB frame that he'd built (25yrs young) but was decked out in full modern XT apart from cantis and I think new hope hubs? Really top bloke and an awesome frame builder, and still going strong by all accounts!

What more is there to say that hasn't been said already - despite the slightly poor start with the weather that greeted me on opening the curtains it turned out to be a great day and another fantastic ride.
Especially good to see the size of the turnout given the storm and also nice to have people from other areas.
Many thanks to Matt for leading (and high pitched deer warnings) and also many thanks to Dave for organising, bestowing the prestigious bike of the ride award on my pink girl :D and also for the excellent tips on keeping your hands clean and soft :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

AndyB, that is great data and you have got the whole of the ride...so 25 muddy miles it is then.

No wonder I'm feeling it on the stairs today ;)

Some great pictures saltyman, thanks.

My hands are still soft. Its amazing stuff. I'll bring some on the next gathering.

Back