Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
another new boy

Hi All,

Got the MTB bug back when I was 9 when I stubled accross the 1993 Malvern Classic while out walking with my parents. After seeing it I wanted a go and it all started there.

Did a few races in the Midlands - Bobs Bash and the Astley summer series races and soon got my first proper bike a Marin Elderidge Grade in the mid 90's (unfortunaly just missed out on the luninous fork era). Raced XC (and some road) on various steeds till about 2002 when i went to uni, got lazy about racing and have just ridden for fun since. Currently ride a not so retro 2009 Orange five, my original circa 1999 Cannondale Seaco Caad 3 R1000 road bike and a Caad 3 Cannondale cyclocross bike with headshock from the same era.

I'll be honnest about my intentions, stumbled accross the forum when investigating what a few old bits lying around the garage may be worth and then thought I'd register and list them on the For Sale section. Although that was a few hours ago and have been thouroughly sidetracked by the rest of the site and forum posts.

Allo Maties,
Rippington is the name, 2 wheels is me game. Been riding bicycles since I was barely out of diapers, not afraid to get me old hands greasy and grimy either. Also been riding motorbikes as well in me later years, better for the chubby types ehh. Decided to get me old abs back into washboard shape so took me old GT bicycle (retro? naha, vintage? yah)out of the mothballs and going to give her a good thrashing. Looking forward to chatting with all the nice people here :)

Figured a proper intro was in order even though it's not my first post... I've actually been following RB for a few years now and have found the information on here to be priceless for a couple different builds I've done. I'm in the States (Kansas City) which makes me quite jealous of some of the frames/components available across the pond! I own a repair facility for Porsches to fund my bike hobby, although truth be told I've got a soft spot for air-cooled P-cars as well! If its vintage, its in.

The site is usually just as reliable for a laugh as it is for hard to find information so I plan on being around for years to come. One big all encompassing thank you to other RB'ers for making a great forum.

Attachments

• email7.jpg
    email7.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,812
Evening all,

New poster / member but browsed several times. Been sent her by folks on Bike Radar on several occasions so though i'd get registered rather than just lurking in the background.

So... Hello!!

Andy

ANd hello from me, registered so see some road bike infomation, now find myself been drawn into all the weird retro MTB stuff more and more :D

hi

thought i'd say hi,just joined up today. Pretty good forum and very much like the forum.bmw5.co.uk one that i'm on as well.

Already posted some pics of my pics on the Specialized thread! Though threw a cheeky wee pic of the Cannondale in as well! :LOL: :LOL:

Also got a Scott Speedster 6 road bike as well, which i picked up off Gumtree last year, though not had a chance to use it much?? But will do over the summer.

Cheers

Greig. :cool:

Found this forum after popping "GT Zaskar" into google. Decided to dust my bike off to try and loose some weight so wanted to see how things have moved on since I bought mine back in 1997.

So, hello from me :D Looks like a really active forum so will hopefully be around for a while.

Right, off to post some pics...

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back