legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Duh...

Cinelli - mid 90's with full Campagnolo, bought at a huge carboot sale in Rottingdean near Brighton for £60, sold after being a bit bored of it.... :roll:

Orbit 531 tourer - bought s/h from Fat Birds in Hunstanton, sold on fleabay for a pittance for no real reason. :roll:

1988 Schwinn 531 tourer - dropped off at the tip by an American going home. He'd ridden it about 5 times. Full 105 touring groupset. MINT!!! AAAAAAGH! :roll:

Motobecane Jubilee Sport - tip find with Vitus tubes and the first to have my tip find Campagnolo Deltas attached. Got me back into road bikes in a big way.

On behalf of my dad, his mint condition Carlton Corsair - owned for twenty or thirty years and his pride and joy, disposed of in a moment of weakness.

Replcament now being fruitless sought on the fleabay :cry:

Carlton Corsair and Mercian K.O.M. frameset sold because we were moving, I must have been mad at the time.

Dave Marsh ex commonwealth games 753 low-profile frameset, sold as I
wasn't using it then 6 months later wished I had it back. Track ends with a derailleur hanger, very versatile.

Roy Cottingham Aelle training bike, would make a fantastic fixed now.

Viscount Aerospace and Elswick Stag, both left at peoples houses and I never bothered to collect them as I went off cycling! (over 20 years ago now). Both have long since disappeared.

Now going through the agony of whether to sell my Giant Peloton Super-lite, I know that if I sell it I'll regret it at some point in the future but it would make room for something else....

How much room have we got?! Some of the more notable ones -

James Fothergill road sold in '64 to fund Harry Quinn (see below)

Eddie Soens 1960's road frame sold when I moved in '71.

Harry Quinn sold in '69 when I bought a Bob Jackson.

Falcon ex-team track frame sold in '70 when we moved after marriage.

Dave Russell TT bike and Woodrup road bike sold in '72 when short of money with young family.

Sergio TT, Elsworth Lo-Pro, Dawes winter bike, M&B tandem, Tony Butterworth cyclo-x all sold in '89 after illness - and being wrongly told never to ride a bike or exert myself again!

Not particularly flash but, Joe Waugh 531C F&F with full 105 and quite a funky rasta fade paint job :D
We covered huge mileage together.
Fitted me like a glove :cry:

my colnago master frameset. Bought a much cheaper raleigh as a second bike. Raleigh actually proved to build into a much lighter and better performing bike for racing, so sold the colnago. Soon got bored of raleigh and missed the colnago's pose value/pedigree.

Nowt special, but a metallic blue Raleigh 531c bought for a bargain price from John Pavey Cycles in Cambs.; nice paint job and workmanship, later swapped it for a Bill Nickson 653 which wasn't actually as good a ride despite the higher-specced tubeset. :(

David

It's a shame I had to sell my Cadex as it was a nice bike.. but it felt a tad big for me, especially in comparison to my Vitus ZX-1. Selling the Cadex funded the MCR though, a bike I regret buying. But that's an other story.

my lovely gios super record. Lovely light bike in columbus SL with full super record. only cost me £160 secondhand. Sold it on to buy a better bike. Always remember the first ride with the bike club, the bike flew on its own.

Ciocc columbus sl, amother great bike.

Moser mannesman tubing bike with candy apple red strip paint job, again lovelly bike to ride and loads of chrome.

Peugeot 753 perthus pro. lovely light bike.

don`t know what you have till they are gone.

zybernut

A Giant Cadex CFR with full 105 groupset. Amazingly fast bike and hit my fastest speed ever on it at 53mph going downhill into Stockbridge in Hampshire. Those were the days!!

Back