Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

• I do use the archive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Didn't know it existed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor search results in google

• Hard to navigate and use

• Don't like the stuff in it

• Total voters
I use the Manufacturer Archive sometimes, which is fine to navigate around.

The User Albums I really struggle with - can't find a way to do a search for a user name. :?

pipmeister":2om4juls said:
The User Albums I really struggle with - can't find a way to do a search for a user name. :?

Have to agree with that, I like looking at the user albums but it is hard to find a specific member. It would be good to have a user name search function.

Other than that I really like the magazine and manufacturers’ archive and year albums. Never really was interested in racing so don’t use the Riders Archive.

Well bugger me, I’ve just found a way to search for a specific user’s album (though it is a bit clunky).

On the first page of the Gallery & Archive, there is a drop down menu <<Jump to Album>>, you can then just scroll to down to “User Albums” then pick the specific gallery you want.

I use it a lot, it's really a great resource and thanks and credit in spades are due to everyone who has contributed.

Since I use it a lot I can comment quite easily. (so none to tick up there for me ;) )

Not everything is tagged, you recent uploads as far as I can tell only have the year.. so they fall into the year section nicely. But there is no Trek tag or even a few models in the trek range for example or maybe.
I have quite a lot of tags on the RockShox section with models and 'service' to help them get picked up. BUT it does take quite some time and only easy if there are a few to do hence a few others I've added are not tagged so well.
- It may be nice to enable users to add/edit tags, then for the few that may bother it'll help others out.

Of course now the thumbnails issue has been sorted it makes it look a lot nicer and easier to just see the front cover.

BUT best of all would be if 'search' and 'google search' picked them out rather than relying on the small search box in the bottom left corner of Gallery&Archive page.

Sometimes you just don't really know what you are looking at.

Plus of course information is only available if members can scan things it and are willing to do so.
To anyone considering it only needs to be a high resolution picture and you can email it and the mods of that section will sort it out ;)

Though as for areas outside of the manufacturers archive, I find it much easier to upload pics to goggle pics from within picassa and the magazine archives don't have a lot in them.

i use it a bit ,but it can be slow and a bit frustrating
when you find information it is top stuff ,just as others stated
there's other quicker sites for stuff

mebee time for a spring clean and spruce up

mikee":2sxu3qr0 said:
i use it a bit ,but it can be slow and a bit frustrating
when you find information it is top stuff ,just as others stated
there's other quicker sites for stuff

mebee time for a spring clean and spruce up

Ditto.

Latest posts

Back