Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

• I do use the archive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Didn't know it existed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor search results in google

• Hard to navigate and use

• Don't like the stuff in it

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The retrobike archive > http://bit.ly/d2ZUrY is (as far as I know) the largest collection of mtb catalogues, scans, articles, reviews and pictures on the web.

Thing is it doesn't get a lot of use. Time and time again I see people requesting information available in the archive or referencing other sites which contain information in the archive.

So would quite like some input as to why...

I use the catalogues/manufacturer fairly regularly tis an excellent resource, I actually have no idea whats in the other sections though :oops: Just had a look, never used the rider or magazine ones may have clicked on the rides and meets one and gave up on the user one. Never noticed the year one. I think the user one filled up quickly IIRC and was not the best to navigate, since I started using flickr I haven't went near it.

kaiser":2bksqke0 said:
I use the catalogues/manufacturer fairly regularly tis an excellent resource
Indeed, if not a little slow at times..

I also think that folk ask questions (that may or may not exist elsewhere on the site) to try and be a part of the community, to join in.
I know I'm (very) guilty of that.

some stuff is far easier to reference outside RB

for instance, it's far easier to find kona catalogues on konaretro.

Never knew it was there :oops:

I do use the search feature on here, if its not there I prefer the discussion it creates when a new thread is started :oops:

Gc

Formatting....I use it but there are other sites that I find much easier and quicker to get to what I'm after and I have them bookmarked. Just tried to open a file in the archive. It wouldn't open and got a message that said it couldn't be repaired.

I generally use the search on rb for the things I'm after, if they come up and they are in the archive, great, otherwise I'll post a question. Could be I'm not searching using the right terms, could be the content isn't tagged correctly. Could also be that banter and advice is sometimes better than a cold hard catalogue. RB offers me a choice which is great, though I have never browsed the archive, just viewed contents directly.

Ian

Needed some info setting up my V brakes so had a mooch in the tech sect for Shimano but alas nothing there to help so I will no doubt end seeking some help from the forum.

The problem is that there is no doubt so much info that is relevant to the forum that if it was all there we'd probably have to dedicate a whole new website to it.

When the info you want is there it's great but at least if it isn't I'm sure someone on the forum knows the answer

Jules

Back