Orange Clockwork

I'd have a MF prestige over a mid 1990s CWO any day, very nice tubeset in that, and even rarer to find a MF in any other frame size than 22" must make it desirable. MF were the first brand I lusted after, obviously top was the explorer, but any MF would do as long as it had a full Local Motion pad set on it!

My husband’s first MTB was the Muddy Fox Explorer in the late 80's, all I remember about it, before the frame snapped at the bottom bracket and the cycle shop sold us a Trek 850 frame saying the Fox was not worth repairing, was that it was yellow. He loved it though and all the parts were put on the Trek and were replaced bit by bit over the years; it had Exage components of some level but cannot remember which.

I guess I shall have to get Gill to make up some Muddy Fox decals when I’m 100% sure.

Yeah no shame in MF, Im sure i can only be one of many mountain bikers in the UK that has a deep down soft spot for old Muddy Foxes.

shame that like so many other British cycle brands they got devalued up by some f**kwit bean counting clowns looking to make a quick profit using the name where it wasnt deserved.

Alison,

Either way you've got a great looking frame, made of nice tubing. I'm sorry if I've contributed to bringing you down about something you are obviously very proud of. That wasn't my intention and I feel pretty shitty now.

As the others say - a MF from BITD before they went the way of every other frame builder is a good bag by anyones book.

If you hadn't posted pics in an attempt to help someone else then this would never have happened in any case which only reinforces my opinion of what a good egg you are...!

Also goes to show that you can't really rely on frame munufacturers to supply accurate information as they really don't care about their old products anymore unfortunately.

dekerfintheshed":2xl5ljzo said:
Anyway Jonny, enough of this Orange / MF debate, what about the pram ?? Was I right for the 100 points ??

Nah, not even close.
Its an iCandy Apple, exclusively available only through selected stores and not advertised or for sale online. Very middle class. :LOL:

Back