Old or ti Konas

Kona Paul

Kona Fan
Looking for a King Kahuna in 17" and good condition. Also 88-89 Explosifs or Lava Domes 16-18" in reasonably good condition with original forks. Early 90's Konas could also be of interest. And if there are any ti project 2 forks out there...

Got a 95/96 I think :? I'll have to check :) Kona kilauea almost mint steel frame the one with the satin blue paint and grey p2 forks, no idea what its worth though :?:

Also got an 18" Hei Hei in mint unused condition think thats about 1999 not sure though :? which is probably for sale, haven't decided whether to sell that or my DeKerf yet, depends what its worth I suppose ;)

Hey Jones, I already have a King Kahuna and a Score now, so only looking for a Score for my friend...I need to update. Profile Fatface has been looking for an 18 or 19" Hei Hei or King Kahuna for a while, so you should write to him for sure. I believe the 99 has yellow decals. It doesn't much matter but if you can send a pic I can probabaly give you the year. Mint, unused condition will increase the value, but it depends mostly on what people are willing to pay. I would say no less than 1000 USD, maybe even a little more. If it doesn't work with Fatface, you can try ebay with a reserve price (lowest possible bid you will take) of 1000 and see how it goes. The value I'm suggesting might be a little high though, as the King Kahunas tend to go for a little more because they are harder to come by (only made for 4 years, plus bi-oval tubing and slightly beefed up with gussets=more titanium and more $$$) As for the older konas, I'm looking for a little older...preferably 80's. Thanks for writing. I hope you can work something out with the Hei Hei if you decide to sell it.

Paul

And hello again Jones...just talked to my bike shop friend. He says 1000 might be a bit high for a Hei Hei, as there are quite a few around, but condition and what someone is willing to pay is always a deciding factor. Just thought I'd pass it on so I don't get your hopes too high. So you might get that, but shouldn't expect it necessarily. Sorry for any confusion. He guessed at between "800-900 US realistically, with the possibilty of more." Hope it gives you an idea of worth at least.

Reckon I'm gonna have to let my 1990 Fire Mountain go as I'm throwing money at something that's sadly a little too big for me - measures 16.5" centre to top. Happy to sell complete or split f/f and parts. Pics here - http://mamadirt.fotopic.net/c1321211.html. Mail me if you're interested - mamaDOTdirtATntlworldDOTcom

Cheers :>)

Back