sunday fife rideout 11.00 ish

rideoot

As unlikely as it ever is I might make this (prolly not tho).
Not meeting at the fettykill fox now?
11 ish sounds way early for a hangover.
Anyway, there is an off chance, and as such can you furnish me with meeting place or contact number?
Much appreciated.

Dave.

Nae pics, way too busy riding fast trails that would put many a trail centre to shame :D

My face hurts from all that grinning from ear to ear, utter fabulosity :cool:

Mikee is a great guide and host, I'd recommend his home toon trails very highly, a great day oot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the kind words guys
i feel a warm glow that you enjoyed my local trails
next time we should maybee go up the lomonds
good company, nice conditions and discussions of history,anatomy, and
architecture
top day

aftermath for mikees trails

so the fantastic 4 turned out ,rob mac with a stunning kona explosive ,kinda expected him to turn up with some sort of generalized
but he excelled himself
jimmi hendrix had his lovley GT zaskar ,all shiney and blue hope lovelyness
velo had a 27" framed diamond back topanga fitted with 6" travel forks and a rack populated with many bungees ,these would turn out to be usefull later tho
me i took an alpinestars cro-mega that i've fallen in love with recently
so assembled after rob and velo getting lost we set off
the first trail is about 200 yards from my house but i thought we'd do that one later ,so we pushed on up to formonthills
community woodland ,about a mile or so ,and on to the trail that is called "that trail that goes across the middle to witches corner"
the last bit of this has nettles ,the bit before this has spikey low fir trees ,i rolled out of this to be confronted by a large doberman
i woofed at it and it turned tail and ran off up the left trail , i then awaited the rest , much grumbling about shorts and longs ensued
till the doberman and owner arrived ,so we sped off
next bit is called" spikey edge " why ? well the first 100 yards wind round 4/5 foot tall hawtorn bushes ,then you descend into the
gorse bushes then out the other side to a whoop filled path where we met billy farmer and his well trained lab oscar
"one word from me and he's off " down round the ressie and to the only fall of the day ,velo's front wheel went up ,but his back
wheel didn't ,a bit of climbing and back to the windy single track so good they wanted to do it twice
we rattled past some dog walkers and down to the bridal path then as we passed them at a lower altitude we heard the dogfighting
chaos woofbarkgrowlshout etc
so down and round and back ,still less than a mile from the start point ,then into rhe town park , at which point we passed the local
orson welles impersonator as he sauntered along ,past the swans ,nasty bastard animals , then along the north north shore
and into the skate ramps ,everyone declined a shot tho ...
next a mile or so of peddally bits then up over the whit bridge ,velo expressd some concern over 2 11 year old neds that were
entering our airspace .but they were more intent on swearing than mugging us ,rob reckoned he could take the pair any way
so we was okay man
on the next bit i forewarned to take the trail to the right at the end ,velo pointed out that he would have missed this had i not said
good job too as its about 12 foot deep after the 10 foot drop if you go left
after this we headed up the old railway to markinch station then the old coaltown trail to the bing
out and back then rob got a flat so we sat around a gibbered pish whilst rob changed tubes
then his shoe broke ,at this point velo's 142 bungees came into play and rob bungeeed up his shoe
and off we went ,back thru the town park and up to coffee and do-nuts

best ride of ,well, recent times

mikee":2lyq170q said:
aftermath for mikees trails

so the fantastic 4 turned out ,rob mac with a stunning kona explosive ,kinda expected him to turn up with some sort of generalized
but he excelled himself
jimmi hendrix had his lovley GT zaskar ,all shiney and blue hope lovelyness
velo had a 27" framed diamond back topanga fitted with 6" travel forks and a rack populated with many bungees ,these would turn out to be usefull later tho
me i took an alpinestars cro-mega that i've fallen in love with recently
so assembled after rob and velo getting lost we set off
the first trail is about 200 yards from my house but i thought we'd do that one later ,so we pushed on up to formonthills
community woodland ,about a mile or so ,and on to the trail that is called "that trail that goes across the middle to witches corner"
the last bit of this has nettles ,the bit before this has spikey low fir trees ,i rolled out of this to be confronted by a large doberman
i woofed at it and it turned tail and ran off up the left trail , i then awaited the rest , much grumbling about shorts and longs ensued
till the doberman and owner arrived ,so we sped off
next bit is called" spikey edge " why ? well the first 100 yards wind round 4/5 foot tall hawtorn bushes ,then you descend into the
gorse bushes then out the other side to a whoop filled path where we met billy farmer and his well trained lab oscar
"one word from me and he's off " down round the ressie and to the only fall of the day ,velo's front wheel went up ,but his back
wheel didn't ,a bit of climbing and back to the windy single track so good they wanted to do it twice
we rattled past some dog walkers and down to the bridal path then as we passed them at a lower altitude we heard the dogfighting
chaos woofbarkgrowlshout etc
so down and round and back ,still less than a mile from the start point ,then into rhe town park , at which point we passed the local
orson welles impersonator as he sauntered along ,past the swans ,nasty bastard animals , then along the north north shore
and into the skate ramps ,everyone declined a shot tho ...
next a mile or so of peddally bits then up over the whit bridge ,velo expressd some concern over 2 11 year old neds that were
entering our airspace .but they were more intent on swearing than mugging us ,rob reckoned he could take the pair any way
so we was okay man
on the next bit i forewarned to take the trail to the right at the end ,velo pointed out that he would have missed this had i not said
good job too as its about 12 foot deep after the 10 foot drop if you go left
after this we headed up the old railway to markinch station then the old coaltown trail to the bing
out and back then rob got a flat so we sat around a gibbered pish whilst rob changed tubes
then his shoe broke ,at this point velo's 142 bungees came into play and rob bungeeed up his shoe
and off we went ,back thru the town park and up to coffee and do-nuts

best ride of ,well, recent times

sounds like a grand day out, how does your shoe break?

Back