Morati MTB Titanium cranks - new old stock

I see xacd in china are now doing ti cranks & rings

In checking out a few ti web sites I came across that xacd in china are now listing ti cranks on their web site along with ti rings & spiders..........
Not that I would put them along side morati in terms of performance or finish but it will be interesting to see if they roll out into the market place.
Conrad

Re: I see xacd in china are now doing ti cranks & rings

Link to Chinese ones?

Conrads":24kjl2ia said:
In checking out a few ti web sites I came across that xacd in china are now listing ti cranks on their web site along with ti rings & spiders..........
Not that I would put them along side morati in terms of performance or finish but it will be interesting to see if they roll out into the market place.
Conrad

quite like the ti hammer myself!

not sure what the hell its good for, apart from starring in some slasher movie but it damn cool!

that seatpost is quite nice looking too...

Beautiful and sad

Its such a shame that they were forced to close.
When i was at Uni we went to see Morati factory. I studied design and the assistant to my professor was doing his diplom work with Morati. They were working on the next generation of cranks. Different technology with less welding required. some very cool stuff. Morati was having momentum. Their technology and capabilities were very advanced comparing to some "normal" garage company of that time. It was a factory doing titanium turbines and some other things for aerospace industry. things like X-raying welds was a normal procedure. bike division was really just a side project some employes of that factory hadnt even known about.
Then it was bought by HONEYWELL.
For some time the main guy behind Morati was able to fight the new owners ,but i guess it became increasingly difficult to ignore that among new American management nobody was really into bikes. They just shut it down despite they were doing just fine.
People from morati went to do "proper" aerospace work (moved to a different positions) and remaining frames and bits were sold out.
simple. easy.
twelve years of hard work of a small team of guys who built it from scratch was thrown away.

so that's what happened...to them

I always wondered why this bright inovative bike comapny folded........ :cry:
down the plug hole like the american car industry...& banking... :LOL:
Oh well at least I have my share of their products....frame, fork & stem to remind me of quality. ;)

Back