Orange Clockwork

Jonnyretro wrote
Off topic, but for 50 bonus points, who can tell me why the car in the background is so rare? And if you are a even sadder, but for 100 points, name that pushchair!

Quinny Speedi SX ??

That's what went through my mind but I sent the pics to Orange bikes with the paw one and they declared it a 1994 Clockwork. Original photo's I took before respray below

clockwork2-1.jpg

clockwork3-1.jpg

clockwork4-1.jpg

clockwork7-2.jpg

Alison,

Orange may simply have gone by the decals on the photos you showed them - which seem correct for a '94 frame.

There's a few subtle differences though if you examine the 93/94 catalogue and compare with your frame:

3 cable guides on top tube with rear mech cable running down seat stay - your frame has 2 across the top and 1 on the downtube, with the guide running along the underside of the chainstay.

Wishbone not quite right at the top.

Top tube / seat tube / seat stay lug doesn't trail and finish in a point as yours does.

Solid rear dropouts - yours are open.

The cable guides on your frame seem too far in from ends of the top tube compared to the catalogue where they are close to the ends.

As has been said there were always changes going on and so the above may not be definitive, but that paw is strange. Did you point it out to Orange when you contacted them? The picture showing it is slightly blurred and it may not have been immediatley apparent unless you did.

Just some thoughts on this from examining the catalogue pics and I'm by no means an expert on Orange bikes...!

Sorry but that is in no way an Orange Clockwork. Its all wrong! The cable routing for the rear mech should be top tube routed and down the seatstay, the front mech should be a top pull one, there shouldnt be any lugs, and probably a few more.
Looks like you got some numpty at Orange who confirmed it as a Clockwork, probably saw the wishbone seatstays, satin black and the stickers and told you what you wanted to hear.
Here is my 94 as a comparison, its not a great pic but it gives an idea.
main.php

Hi Alison - do you have a frame number? Can't Orange double check on this? (Sorry if this has been said.... :oops: )

Anyone with any info on the Muddy Fox seeker Prestige could you give me as much as you know please :cry:

Thanks

Isaac_AG":11noe6y1 said:
Anyone with any info on the Muddy Fox seeker Prestige could you give me as much as you know please :cry:

Thanks

No sobbing lass, if it is a MF seeker prestige its got better steel than a clockwork has so might be lighter :idea:

retrobikeguy":fk0hjcl7 said:
Isaac_AG":fk0hjcl7 said:

Thanks

No sobbing lass, if it is a MF seeker prestige its got better steel than a clockwork has so might be lighter :idea:

No worries there Alison, you may have inadvertantly bagged yourself the equivalent of an Orange Prestige , you've probably done well :)

Back