Kona Kilauea

more 1996 loving - not quite as rich as you two's taste ;)

Attachments

• hpim0387_153.jpg
    hpim0387_153.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3,496
kilauea

sweet looking bikes all of them, have a '95 kilauea which is awaiting decals from gil before heading to argos for a whole new rear triangle (long story) and funky spray job

kilauea

not 100% sure yet, was thinking that i'll either go for the original pearl white or maybe a baby blue colour. i saw a nice IF frame a few years ago that was baby blue with daisies on it, sounds dodgy but looked great. thinking about putting disc tabs on it as well seeing as though its getting a new rear triangle, wot u think geoff?

you might as well get any unneccesary bits removed, and a disc mount chucked on.

a baby-blue smoothed kona, with a smoothed black P2 (also with a disc mount) mmmmmmmm.....

i think i just had a funny turn

If you're getting a new triangle then you might as well get disc tabs put on, even if you don't use them straight away.

When I got mine resprayed first time I went to flat white, which I think I'm gonna keep this time. Maybe pearl if it's available at my local powdercoat place, I'm not sure. Baby blue looks nice though- I've seen a Hot (drool) around somewhere in that colour. Gorgeous.

kilauea

think i might be a bit guilty of thread hijacking here but yeah am going to get all the unnessesary bits removed. will be going for top tube cable routing, only concern is what front mech to run due to the flared seat tube and the rs7 cranks with a 46t chainring i've got, might need to be new gen xtr, unless anyone knows any better. was trying to locate some triple butted p2s' with a disc mount but kona dont make them as they're apparently too flexy so was checking out a pair of Ti Demonchaux

http://www.dmcx.com/en/a128.html

Hmm, mine is a long way from stock, but I did find this piccy on the net of an almost stock one:

Here's mine as it is currently. Respray should be happening soon, Gil is working on some of the original block style decals for me (albeit in blue/silver rather than silver/orange). Some unworthy parts in the mix. Sorry! :oops:

I should take some better photos... poor old Z2's mutilated by the disc rotor on my lady's ride. :cry:

Things to do: add cable stop before respray, replace headset, stem, saddle and seatpin (in that order), get a new front wheel built up, (one that doesn't have a big dent in one side and a flatspot in the other!), and if it's not totally impossible, get one of those black cable sleeves like on the other bike, kept mine for years, awesome at protecting the paint, then some goddamn shop mechanic chopped it off without my say so. Grrr!

Oh yeah, and get another steel Kona frame with some P2s and build up a commuter!

Back