Mystery frame...

NickD

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I picked this up a while ago for very little, really because I needed the Campag NR chainset that was on it, it also came with a Record/Mavic Tub rear wheel and a Nuovo Valentino rear mech, plus some high end SR bars and Ti/alloy stem. Most of it was filthy, and there are quite a few rust spots on the frame, ok, loads (it may have lived under the sea??) - nothing that looks terminal as yet though, it's all nice and solid.

The forks have Tange O.G stamped on them, and the dropouts have no maker, it appears to take 700c wheels, has a 126mm rear spacing and is english threaded - I know no more than that, any ideas?

Never been sure what to do with is, but I will probably powdercoat it and use it as a winter bike as it has plenty of usable braize ons.

If I can get the bloody BB out that is...

18-04-10006.jpg

18-04-10014.jpg

18-04-10007.jpg

18-04-10008.jpg

18-04-10009.jpg

18-04-10010.jpg

18-04-10013.jpg

Hi NickD

I can't help you with the bike identification but maybe with the BB

Just had the same problem with a frame. The non-drive side I managed to drift off but the drive side was stuck fast. I ended up sticking the bolt into a vice and twisting the frame! Worked a treat - just remember it is probably a left handed thread

Happy Hunting

JK

Latest posts

Back