Kona's page

This is a Kona Kilaula from around mid 90's thats been in our family of bikes since my son purchased it as a frame set to race on. It has had various build ups but is awaiting being return to kona standard spec, found the P2's for it in the garage loft last week and the stem in a box yesterday. When all parts are recovered I will begin the rebiuld.

Now had some time on my hands and have had ago at the Kilaula looks much better and now ride much better.

After and before pictures

Attachments

• Kona Kilaula 2.jpg
    Kona Kilaula 2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 9,204
  • KKsm.jpg
    KKsm.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 8,979
Not old school but....

This is my latest Kona and I can't help thinking that Konas' never change. Frames are nearly the same angles as they where but in the early days. :cool:

Lastest kona in the garage is this Hei Hei Supreme. Got the frame on ebay for £250 wheels and brakes from harrycrumb here on retro bike rest of the stuff I had hanging around or from the nice people at CRC. Yes I know these are not retro but I like to imbrace all aspects on mountain biking so you could say I'm not a purest but I have been MTBin since 1992 at the late age of 34. So some weeks its retro and some weeks its new wave. I say ride what you like as long as you ride!!!

Attachments

• Kula deluxe.jpg
    Kula deluxe.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9,159
  • Hei Hei sm.jpg
    Hei Hei sm.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 8,970
sex too

my 95 sex too
019.jpg

my explosifs

3 of my current explosifs :D

(Edit 1990 sold today! 9th June 2010)

Attachments

• DSC00080.JPG
    DSC00080.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 8,841
  • DSC00119.JPG
    DSC00119.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 8,841
  • DSC00136.JPG
    DSC00136.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 8,841
Loving that green Explosif Crantinope. Can you give me some info on that please; how original is it or refurb, year etc :)

I may keep a look out for one of those...

Pete

That early, green explosif is simply stunning, one of the best bikes I've seen on this site. I wish my bikes looked like that!

SP

Back