A Happy Hour

I know that really goes against a cx type thing, but a little travel on a bike like that could be a whole lot of fun, and fast on and off road.

Interesting... :D

It's great, it really is. Don't notice it on road, only up hill sprints standing up, and even then it's not that bad. Lockout is good but has got a tiny bit wobbly though. I ride it off road, not as fast as an mtb obviously but over tracks and singletrack etc it's fine. Lot of fun.

But not that light.

Not that light? What sort of weight?

My winter roadie is toast, so wondering whether to build up an Orange C16 into a commuter, maybe SS too, maybe 700C wheels, or a new road bike, or as winter only use maybe a CX bike. Seeing yours kinda stirred the CX stuff again.

dunno actual weight. Reckon maybe 24lbs? Feels considerably heavier than the Merlin which is 21lbs. I suppose it's the headshock and those Aksiums. But they are nice solid wheels.

It's nice as you can cruise at 23mph on the road and still get up steepish off road sections as it's got an 12-32 block. Might put a granny ring on too. Headshock even makes roots more do-able.

I love it.

Am thinking about putting drop bars on the XLM actually. Might be interesting.

Geoff":3ah6aqmg said:
Oh god, those sort of landscape photos make me homesick! Dammit, why do I always make my return trips for winter? :cry:

I'm practically crying at my desk.. :shock:

Bewdiful..

Latest posts

Back