SOLD. 1994 Litespeed Obed 18" Frame. Z2s .

Can you tell me if this frame will take a 26/36/48 chainring setup with a std mtb 50mm chainline?

Also, how much would you do it with just headset & seat clamp? Possibly collected too?

Thanks

Dickyboy":qme5i9lb said:
Can you tell me if this frame will take a 26/36/48 chainring setup with a std mtb 50mm chainline?

Also, how much would you do it with just headset & seat clamp? Possibly collected too?

Thanks

pm'd you.

With regards the chainring question, I reckon it will be ok. I will check this evening.

i know this frames top tube doesnt slope much but is that top tube length of 22 3/4 actual or horizontal ?

Obed

Paulb":1hg7pekz said:
i know this frames top tube doesnt slope much but is that top tube length of 22 3/4 actual or horizontal ?

Hi. That's a horizontal measurement. Actual is about 22 1/8.

really like your frame and have been sitting on the fence as to buying it for the last week. i am 6" tall and i usually ride a modern 18" with a longish top tube ( 23.5 ). im thinking 22.75 might be a bit to small for me although my GT which im riding at the mo is only 23" maybe i could put a longer stem on it.
wish i could make my mind up.

Obed

Paulb":15f7w1l3 said:
really like your frame and have been sitting on the fence as to buying it for the last week. i am 6" tall and i usually ride a modern 18" with a longish top tube ( 23.5 ). im thinking 22.75 might be a bit to small for me although my GT which im riding at the mo is only 23" maybe i could put a longer stem on it.
wish i could make my mind up.

I'm 5'11", and the bike does not feel short. I was using it with a 110mm WTB stem. These frames used to come with a 130mm stem back in the day, so no way would this be short for you IMO.

I ride an 18" Explosif (Konas are long), and a 2009 Cannondale FS jobby - now they are short!!

Back