1998 Ibis Spanky New Pictures, new thoughts :-(

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well...my first foray into skinny wheel ownership arrived on Friday in pretty good condition.
Paintwork (Metallic Mulberry) is excellent bar some minor rust veining near the bottle mounts and some scratches to the non-drive chain-stay.
Full (circa 96) Campagnolo Record throughtout bar the post which is Dura-Ace.
So far I have cleaned up the drivetrain...and attempted/failed to rebuild the rear wheel which felt a bit rough. This is now at my LBS to see if they can rebuild it.
Jobbies to do? Bar tape obviously needs replacing and I was considering natural cork finish. Oh...and I need pedals but I will probably go spds as I don't want seperate shoes etc.
Saddle is a bit sad...but it can wait.

I'll update with a finished picture when its done.

Cheers
Carl

Stuffforsale422.jpg

Stuffforsale421.jpg

Very nice. It might be worth doing a recovering job on that Flite with some leatherette that matches the frame or eventual bar tape colour?

otherself":2x7eetam said:
Very nice. It might be worth doing a recovering job on that Flite with some leatherette that matches the frame or eventual bar tape colour?

Fair point...I have a patch of leather somewhere :idea:

Gosh, very nice. Love the build too, nice and clean with good solid road stuff, no mtb stuff thrown in.

Where di you source this??

John":2iqd7ywd said:

Was on Ebay John...probably paid too much but thought it was fairly unique and as you say..a nice solid build. Rims are a bit heavy, but so am I, so probably good and bombproof. :oops:

Harryburgundy":cfimbp9l said:
John":cfimbp9l said:

Was on Ebay John...probably paid too much but thought it was fairly unique and as you say..a nice solid build. Rims are a bit heavy, but so am I, so probably good and bombproof. :oops:

Seems a good price to me, very good given you've a record ti gruppo. Not clear on the quality of the moron tubeset but ibis is normally high end so can only assume it's good sh*t. Nice buy Carl!

Re: .

Grannygrinder":fge9fu1l said:
Very nice Carl.
OT; Where in Cardiff is your shop? :D

Thanks..the shop I manage (which has a very good alarm system and full digital CCTV ;) :LOL: ) is next to Rohans on St Mary Street..pop in oneday and say hello next time your'e forced on a shopping trip :D

Back