July weekender - combined Anglian / Lincs meet - the BIG one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr S":qk1p75ue said:
REKIBorter":qk1p75ue said:
I will provisionaly change the dates to July 10th & 11th for this meet

Oh cock. Was hoping to get down for this one. Unfortunately while you lot have the time of your lives on sun speckled singletrack i'm going to be stuck at a motor race in France, quaffing Champagne, eating fine food, surrounded by racers and super models and generally overdosing on some of the finest sports racers ever built. If that wasn't bad enough i then have to drive a classic Alfa all the way down to Lake Garda and back for the centenary.

Spare a thought for me will you :cry:

how will you cope?

lewis1641":26rwg11y said:
Dr S":26rwg11y said:
REKIBorter":26rwg11y said:
I will provisionaly change the dates to July 10th & 11th for this meet

Oh cock. Was hoping to get down for this one. Unfortunately while you lot have the time of your lives on sun speckled singletrack i'm going to be stuck at a motor race in France, quaffing Champagne, eating fine food, surrounded by racers and super models and generally overdosing on some of the finest sports racers ever built. If that wasn't bad enough i then have to drive a classic Alfa all the way down to Lake Garda and back for the centenary.

Spare a thought for me will you :cry:

how will you cope?

Did you not know? He's allergic to all but the most expensive Champagne - brings him out in a rash.

Due to lack of planning I don't think the camping aspect of this event will happen :(

Will liase with LGF to see if we can organise a ride around the area

there is a campsite with zero facilities but 3 pubs right in the village - as long as you have your 'trail' tyres, it'll hunky dory. I can put together a 40 mile monster or continue with the original ride.

Unfortunately winter put a bit of a stop on it all. Work has got in the way and also apathy.

I've got a wicked ride planned if you like steam trains.... ;)

legrandefromage":6vtuafy1 said:
there is a campsite with zero facilities but 3 pubs right in the village - as long as you have your 'trail' tyres, it'll hunky dory. I can put together a 40 mile monster or continue with the original ride.

Unfortunately winter put a bit of a stop on it all. Work has got in the way and also apathy.

I've got a wicked ride planned if you like steam trains.... ;)
+

NVR sounds like a great idea. Where are the AEC's & deputy dawgs when you need them?

I am away from Saturday for a couple of weeks (drinking cold beer in the sunshine by a swimming pool) ;)

Will give CK a kick to get things moving. He has one good hand so can still type.

i'm here but not sure where this is in terma of planning. whats done and what needs doing.

happy to help.

do we have a date?

lewis1641":3gsoh03h said:
i'm here but not sure where this is in terma of planning. whats done and what needs doing.

happy to help.

do we have a date?

The original dates for the Alconbury Midnight Growlers are 10th & 11th July - these are posted on the RB calendar. Have sent CK a brief what needs to be done. Basically keep it as simple as possible, name a place & time to meet - no fannying around asking which date is best.

right you land lubers its time to organise this quickly so a couple of pm's iv'e had have suggested us keeping the weekend of 10th-11th of july so we have

DATE. 10th/11th july 2010

PLACE. A FEW TO CHOOSE

could everybody from the whole of Beds, Herts, Bucks, Lincs, Northants, Cambs, Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex members support your local group please come to the retrobike chat section for 9pm friday night to discuse a place and time to meet and camping arrangements il pm as many as poss but if everyone that reads this pass the message along thanks guys lets make this meet the best bof the year ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back