Mountain Mayhem 2010 - Retrobike Flatlanders!

Average Mark

Retrobike Rider
We have a name! and due to me being to lazy to keep pming you all seperatly i thought i would set this thread to organize things. We need all the information and money in place to send to Neil (MrKawasaki) on Sunday night/Monday morning. Untill 12 on Sunday we won't know how much it is though. Now i think it would be easiest to get all the info and money in one place, nominate someone to do it then pp gift enough money to cover the entry for each of us so that it can be sent in one lot on Sunday night, any extra can then be refunded. What do you think?

Now i think it would be easiest to get all the info and money in one place, nominate someone to do it

Well volunteered Mark.......let me know the damage and I'll PP it over to you to sort out :D

Right then, £50 off each of you lot by Sunday please. PP gift it over, preferably wait till Sunday to stop the misses seeing it all there and deciding that a co-sleeper is a good investment. If the prices have gone up i will sort it and chase you all later :twisted: pm when youre going to do it and i will let you know the account details to send it to.

Right then you ugly lot, how are we all fixed for this? I know 3 of us have demons to banish at this race and really want to do well. Unfortunatly looks like the first time we'll all get to ride together will be at the event as Neil can't make the 30th and there is a good chance that Kev will have over indulged the day before as well!. In fact i want to do well so much i'm even considering running gears .......... but they do belong to Dan so if i break them it's alright :LOL:

Gears? You'll be putting boingy forks and 26" wheels on next...
I haven't been doing any specific training, just the usual one or two 20+ mile rides a week, with the occasional longer road ride thrown in (on the KHS with slicks, who needs a road bike). The only worrying thing is a bit of pain in my knees at the moment, but hopefully that'll have sorted itself out by the race and I can get a decent time on the nice big uphill.
Has Dan passed his test yet, I don't think I've heard anything about it recently?

I get pains in my left knee after riding my road bike. I recently changed the cranks as I had bent the old ones and found the new ones gave me much less trouble. Turns out the old ones were so off centre my knees were working at weard angles to compensate for the odd crank alignement.

Well after last night's ride my knees seem alright, so must just have been a one off even though it was exactly the same route, on the same bike, at about the same speed.

Right, erm, we have a problem. Mine and Dan's best laid plans have gone astray as our driver has pulled out. :( . *puts best pleading look on* anyone fancy driving a van?

if your ok with that neil you'd be a god send mate iv'e been tring to find train link and everything with no avail

neil you the man :D :D :D :D :D

Back