Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black on amber

• Grey on black

• Total voters

snooks

Old School Hero
My tyres are shagged...they are old, and it's only a matter of time till they fall apart, they are cracked and perished and I'm surprised they have lasted as long as they have :)

Obviously I want my bike to look good, as well as keep me on the singletracks and not in the hedge or wrapped round a tree

So I've come up with following colour schemes from what I've found on a quick search of ebay
So we have:

Black on black
1085044216_d92031f306_o.jpg

Black on amber:
1084185133_b4a8314f59_o.jpg

Grey on black
1084186187_4411749ad4_o.jpg

And just to see what she would look like with porcs
1085045614_3f2f73e8bb_o.jpg

Not that I'm going to get the Onzas but it was good to see what it would look like

Also any tye recomendations for off roading, bit of on road stuff, but mostly singletrack 20m rides, nothing too extreme and I'm not a racer either - belly gets in the way! :)

btw, to go on black rims, rear tyre can only go up to 2.2 and black seat post is on order :)

Many thanx

I think the amberwalls have it for me. As for choice if you're going retro - why not the old dart/smoke combo? :D

Have you some software to make those picture of the Kona with the different tyres on? As i looks like it could be fun

Erm Photoshop!

I wish it was some sort of fancy software, but it's photoshop and a number of different layers :)

Did in a few minutes with it's auto tools which I never usually get a change to play with. It wasn't the best job, but it was the quickest way I could think about doing it...I've gone back and changed the colour of the seat post on my full size images as well :)

I'm a photographer (http://grahamsnook.wordpress.com quick plug), but I don't play with my images, bit of a purist, but this was a bit of fun :)

Just seen that panaracer do a blue wall on their fire XC pro...might have to give that a play :D

Black rims and amber walls. It never got better looking than that. Except perhaps amber walls and CD grey rims. (IMO)

At the mo I have amber walls on the front (Ritchey Megabite) and black wall (onza honch..I think) on the back....So I'm half way there, depending on which way "there" is :)

1083893973_a3f1cd9acd_b.jpg

Snooks,

Whereabouts are you? If you are in/near/can get to Sout East London, I have a pair of amber wall Ritchey Megabites in pretty good nick sitting doing nothing that you are welcome to have.

Many thanks.....

Many thanx Grahame

That's made the decision process a whole lot easier...see you soon :)

Graham

Back