My new Retrobike and she was free!

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After having gone down to the local 2nd hand shop with the intention of getting a £25 peugeot racer to get me to the station every day and relieve my '93 Rockhopper Comp from such duties in order to restore it to it's former glory, i found out they've cottoned on to the old bike - much money idea and there was nothing but a couple of ok Dale's and A stumpjumper but all for way too much cash.

So I went to the local tip with a door, some wood panels and an old trunk...and came back with this.

I love her already.

I can even ride it side saddle! :shock:

:D

Attachments

• runner.jpg
    runner.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3,018
has that got on-one bars?
latest dh core dropped top tube too. Thats not retro, thats bang up to date Wu!!

Maiden voyage this morning. 1.1 miles to the station.

She nearly killed me. You can't take your hands off the bars to indicate or change gear for fear of a barrell roll of horrible concequences due to the terrible balance and proportions.

The bent cranks make for an interesting 'post biopace' experience.

And the mudguards go on little outings round the wheels by themselves, to see what the world looks like from a different perspective, while you are riding!

...but I love her more than ever.

And since Joe and I reversed the bars and made her into a (ever so slightly) pimped Fixie look a like, she's even cooler.

There are even a couple of retro components on there now. Will post an udated pic.

Ha ha. What a hoot. :D

Latest posts

Back