Orange Clockwork

Here is my backside, which Orange dated as '94, but I've never seen the paw birthmark on another.

Clockwork.jpg

Clockwork2.jpg

Alison

I thought that with the paw, very muddy fox like. Now looking at the profile of the lug and collar, doesn't look like my C16 or prestige either. Different profile. hmmm.
Alison, have you got any full frontal pics to see? Might be able to tell more.

My 94 Clockwork is not lugged, does not have a paw and does not have that funny scrotum splitter :shock:
Have you got a pic of the rest of the frame? Sounds like someone has stickered up something else as an Orange.

My 2 pence worth. although there is no charge. it wouldn't be worth the processing costs.

The orange/white clockwork is def early, can tell by the dropouts, these switched to solid fairly early IIRC as opposed to those with the little triangular cut out. Trying to date oranges via stickers is not worth it i think, as they were a bit feeble so many have been replaced. the thread you link to shows a frame with later stickers added anyway...

When i worked at a bike shop in the early 90s, we didnt stock orange (specialized and rocky) but when i bought one my boss finally admited he liked them, but he didnt want to sell them as he reckoned he'd seen subtle differences across bikes within a model year that in his opinion made them harder to sell, this kind of fits with the orange constant evolution ethos - although in my opinion thats the ethos of most successful smaller batch manufacturing firms employ.

I agree with the others, Im pretty sure the frame with the paw is a muddy fox. I defiantely dont think its a clockwork.

Back