what did you spend your bank holiday doing ??

Friday-
Arrived back from Glen Etive,having spent Wednesday and Thursday away from it all [pic of mate Dave and dogs on pyro duty]
Saturday-
Wandered up to the wheel builders where i spent 6 hours chatting ,drinking ground coffee,marvelling at all the nice bikes and wheels about the place,lunch at the cafe next door Latte this time and a nice panini [moz/nice proper ham/mayo/mustard.Came home with a nice red hope suspension laced to an even nicer red ..i guess you know by now :LOL: :oops:
Its quite far to cycle and i get a bus pass so its easier just to get the bus,though i may cycle out there tomorrow :?
Sunday-
Back still sore from the camping.Wood was easy to source but at 10" diameter took most of the daytime to cut and prepare timber for the evening campfire.So mostly spent on here,on ebay searching for nice things and gaming on BF2
Monday-
Clearing up the camping gear,drying it out[was pissing down 50% of the time],sorting out bits i need to buy and where the hell to find them.
About to make a very large batch of cheese on toast with bits of chicken,pepperoni and garlic[fresh]

Attachments

• Dynas pics 054 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 054 (Large).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,238
Spent the day recommisionning an early 80's Coventry Eagle (531, early shimano altus) Mixte frame/bike...

friday -afterwork went to a wedding pissup,but i drove

saturday - rebuilt ignition loom on xr2

sunday - checked and altered my bespoke xr2 wiring loom

today - more wiring loom work to be done,went out on bike for a few hours.........and more wiring sorted lol

Planned a few hour road ride to make sure road bike's ok for 3 Counties charity ride next week. We got horribly lost, turned into 6 hour epic.
After yesterday's playtime in the Surrey Hills am somewhat shagged.
Fortunately have tomorrow off, planning a lie in, followed by bacon and egg breakfast, some gear fettling, and plenty of laziness.

went for a ride yesterday, crossed a load of fields that double as bridleways, on a full rigid A-star and remembered just how intense the feeling is, of vibration passing through your inner and outer elbows :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Long live retrobiking!! ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Two gigs loaded in and out (one band one dance event), commuted 36 miles, snapped one chain and one puncture, consumed one bottle of Vodka, two beers and half a bottle of champagne. Now doing paperwork.

Russell":ngr9mz79 said:
Went to London to run the Bupa 10k
No rest for the wicked.

Saturday; Ran 6 miles 'XC' on Saturday afternoon in the rain

Sunday; I ran the 'Ilkley Harriers Trail-Race' in the morning (7 miles/700 feet of climbing)

http://ilkleyharriers.co.uk/index.php?page=trail

Finishing; 62nd/269 @ 53:26

It's only really called a 'T-R', because it's partially on recognised footpaths/access-roads & 'farm-tracks'.
With it crossing open moorland, I'd say that it's more of a 'Fell-Race' (it's on the 'FRA' calendar, & run under their regulations)

However, it's nowhere near as much fun as their 'Ilkley Moor Fell-Race' that I ran in February... in 5" of snow!!)

My thoughts on the event (& associated links) here;
http://www.featherstoneroadclub.co.uk/e ... ic.php?672

Russell, I bet you ran your 6.2 miles faster than I ran my 7??

Having said that, I much prefer running the 'Trunce' fell-races down at Oxspring.
That's 4 miles/550 feet of climbing/3 crossings of the River Don (without bridges!)

Back