Cool Wall -> Mountain Biking

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Coolness is volatile, this was cool once:

869d_35.JPG

A lot of the coolness started to go out it when mountain bikers started dressing like road racers.

If cool means fashionable...it is cooler now than ever:

Sports and fitness are fashionable(note the outbreak of posh gyms, complete with carparks ful of Range Rover Sports).

Retro is fashionable.

Recycling is fashionable.

QED recylcing reto equipement in the pirsuit of a sport must be cool.

HOWEVER...

Looking at this picture of myself I am struggling to justify 'Cool'! :LOL:

CheddarJump.jpg

Mountain biking is as cool as the fonz.

I dont care who you are, fat, thin, young, old, father, son, brother, mother etc.

Biking on the whole is cool, the pinnacle of biking in my opinion is mountain bikes but even at that roadies have the likes of Lance Armstrong, try telling me he not as cool as they come.

Mountian bikers have gee Atherton, Steve peat, Nino Schurter....the list goes on and on, all really cool folks, that are well respected and cool as feck.

Getting fit is a cool thing to do as well and bikes help that greatly how can anyone disagree, biking in all forms is cool, and since mountain bikes are the top on the cool pile in bike terms I would need to say sub zero

DHder":1t86e8ka said:
Biking on the whole is cool, the pinnacle of biking in my opinion is mountain bikes but even at that roadies have the likes of Lance Armstrong, try telling me he not as cool as they come.
You are joking aren't you? Least I hope you are...

I'm not one of those that does that whole bandwagon too slow in disliking Armstrong - given what he's been through, he is inspirational, and exceptional athlete, and seeing through the machismo and affected arrogance, worthy of respect on several fronts.

However, the one unquestionable is, he most certainly ain't cool.

FACT.

;-)

I must disagree, I have read his books and he comes over a arrogant type but I have met him twice, once through work and once by chance and mate he is a cool dude.

Back