East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Sorry Phil, Tuesday booked by swmbo for a social event.

Saw lots of foxes in France and a BADGER (little one I have to admit).
Been for a brisk big ring spin round my local National Forest dry and bumpy and not very interesting loop... it is getting better though, be great in about 10 years.
Feel a lot better for it.

wish i had something to ride at the min could do with a spin out.

bottom brackets still not arrived from taiwan, clockworks not getting posted till tomorrow.

so currently i've got nothing to ride -_-'

i've got a question for you rob.

any idea if that bike shop in ashby does wheel building ??

Subs it out to someone. Not cheap though. New Mavic rim and plain ss spokes on own hub = £70. Stayed true over 6 months. About 7 days turn round.

how much were the rims ?

coz i've got rims & hubs and not in any real rush for them.
just saves me having to go all the way over to julies cycles in leicester for a sub par service.

how much were the rims

don't know :oops: Simply agreed a price built. The shop is run by a couple of old school roadies - worth asking for a price for the wheel build, usually interested and helpful though their expertise is generally related to road bikes.

cheers for the info, i'll have to take a trip over sometime this week and see what sort of price they can do me.

right. I'm back. May be riding at Pines tomorrow but more than likely not. However might be able to do ride Tues/Weds eve (need to check with wife) this week. Haven't been on bike since accident so have no idea what I am capable of :shock:

Back