saddle maintenance - looking after the leather on a flite

amt27

Retro Guru
Got a NOS blue flite and the leather is starting to wear after only a hand full of rides.

Any tips on looking after the leather?

I use car leather seat care on mine, specifically Autoglym. Bit slippery afterward but it looks the tits! On black ones I have used shoe polish too, you can get an excellent shine!

if it starts to look a bit tired, get it re-covered, a good upholsterer can get it better than factory, and the leather in the uk is much better than that from italy, cows over here are much more hardy, apparently. works for me. will take a piccie of one of mine tomorrow, and post it.

kaner - how much does this cost, and can they remove the leather but keep the foam padding in place as they seem very stuck together on my aging flite!

ian

SSBonty":3qq0og2x said:
kaner - how much does this cost, and can they remove the leather but keep the foam padding in place as they seem very stuck together on my aging flite!

ian

If you soak the saddle for a couple of days you can then gently peel the leather from the foam - it takes a steady and true hand but if it can be done by me.....

Back