Herefordshire Road Ride - Saturday 24th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put rocky down too

Ed , if your out test routing again would be up for it , wanting to get pushed more on the road bike!! :evil:

Rocker9455":2qou1ulx said:
TheGreenRabbit":2qou1ulx said:
Can i have the location of the camp site ?
I do believe it is probably this site, well its about a 5 minute cycle ride from hampton bishop...
http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/lucksall.php?height=1080&width=1920
Yep, that's the nearest campsite.

Rocker9455":2qou1ulx said:
Whats the route? i take it its off towards the black mountains?

The route is on quiet country lanes so best to describe it via the villages visited (not the Black Mountains - that's for next time).

Hampton Bishop - Holme Lacey - Kings Thorn - Much Birch - Orcop - Garway - Skenfrith - Hoarwithy - How Caple - Marcle Ridge - Woolhope - Checkley - Dormington - Hampton Bishop

daj":2qou1ulx said:
Ed , if your out test routing again would be up for it
It was very much a spur of the moment thing at 5.30 p.m. but I'm planning to check out the route again before the big day so will let you know.

sounds nice, i would really like to go. I'll let you know nearer the time. I'm also up for coming along to test the route

Whats the pace going to be like???

Im up to about 30 miles comfortably, crazy work commitments blasting my plans to get fit...

fingers":3m633xm8 said:
Whats the pace going to be like???

Im up to about 30 miles comfortably, crazy work commitments blasting my plans to get fit...

It should be a great ride, everyone that I've taken on the route has enjoyed it and no one will be left behind. The pace won't be eyeballs out but guessing not too shabby either - the main feature is that there isn't too much flat at all.

If its the route we took when Ed hosted a ride earlier in the year, Its superb !! Plenty of ascents and some cracking rolling decents :cool: I had a huge grin for ages after! I am well looking forward to this.

Currently working on the Tour De Cotswolds return route to sort for either late August or October :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back