FSR '99 DH project.

yes, although your pics dont work :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (please make them work again) :(

BETD should fit most of your needs, only way around this is to know someone that can cnc you some cheap stuff but then youd need to find some spec sheets and cad type drawings to work from (BETD are expensive)
goldtec rings are fairly easy to get hold of, most likely the cranks too (but cant see pic to tell)
fox rx vanilla are great but i reckon for the price to service you can get a decent second hand one (no doubt yours has got the squelch syndrome (if its air))

rockatansky":xkjvodbi said:
IMG_3068.jpg

Those chainstays look EXACTLY the same as the ones on my old 1999 FSR XC Comp. Your seatstays are different but the disc mount is the same as I had.

Mine cracked in the same place as this pic - across the hollow part behind the main pivot in approx 2004. My bike was pasted across the Alps a few times and ran a BETD travel upgrade, but not approaching the abuse some DH bikes get.

I rang them up and Specialized sent me a replacement set in black for free despite the bike being second hand and out of warranty. The replacements had a smaller diameter hollow part, so it was clearly a known issue as they had an upgraded replacement to send me.

You may no be so lucky as the wear from the tyre suggests less careful ownership - misuse may invalidate any good will.....

i may have a rear triangle for sale if your interested? to replace that cracked one. though i'll have to check if it will fit. it came from a '99 enduro fsr

i'll get pictures if you want

here you go

the brake would be included (cos i cant get it off)

Attachments

• Specialized fsr.jpg
    Specialized fsr.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,336
  • Specialized fsr 2.jpg
    Specialized fsr 2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,336
  • Specialized fsr 3.jpg
    Specialized fsr 3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3,336
  • Specialized fsr 4.jpg
    Specialized fsr 4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3,336
squelchy syndrome (not technical term :LOL: ) is when the shock makes a squelching/squishy sound when compressed, usually in the nitrogen filled chamber (negative pressure?)

SEANSTEPHENS thank you for the photos. Yep, the chainstay looks identical, the seatstays are slightly different. What condition are the bearings? I've also sent a pm.

cyfa2809 guess I can only check for this once the bike is built up. If it does have squelchy syndrome :eek: is it serviceable, not worth it or scrap?

Back