Is retro a disease?

Gonzalez

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Sorry if this has been done before but I'm new ya know.

Is your retro interest purely restricted to MTBs? is this due to the fact that you just had one for years and now it IS retro? have you then since become interested in other retro things?, were you already interested in other retro things and then realised that your bike may be retro?(me), I noticed that retrobike guy had some oldie worldie metal signs on the fence in his back garden on some pics so it got me a thinkin.
My other retro interests btw include 80's arcade machines, 70'-80's HiFi, and vintage synths.

yes i asked a simillar thread but some time back. It looks to me there are lots of blokes who collect kit. Bikes , Hi-fi, on and on
It can be a big problem. But this is the only place were people under stand the problem :LOL: My Doc wouldn't May be a Quack would :(

I find it's a bit like hayfever, strikes you a few times a year depending on which way the winds blowing ... I kind of flit between modern full suss and fully rigid retro - I find it sort of comforting now and then to ride something with no suspention, old cantis and thumbshifters (comforting, not comfortable especially off-road :LOL: )

And then there's my 70's VW camper that will only run properly when playing Freda Payne, Jefferson Airplane, Mamas and the Papas, et al, and insists on period accessories!

:cool:

Hi Gonzalez, I have found the older i become the more empathy i feel for older things. Its like a bond that grows as if things have gone through life like i have, good or bad. That may make me sound a bit odd! I realy enjoy old motors like my 1964 vw notchback. I am going to a vw meet in a couple of weeks and the car will have a retro bike on the roofrack.

I will post pics it should look cool as ya like! cheers a Manc in Cornwall.

Al

Nice, I'm into VWs an all, my mate's rebuilding a 23 window samba(for about 15 years now, I bought a walkthrough Devon off him but turned out the chasis was too far gone so gave it him back.
I agree sentimental value takes over eh?

I am a bit odd, used to love retro hi fi and cars bitd when my bikes were modern.

Now I retro bike I am less keen on retro stuff in other areas of my life. Having a M900XTR built Pace kinda fulfills my retro ambitions for now! :LOL:

Hey Gonzo

Looks like the bug has finally hit you..i think the addiction you have is linked to your age..as we get older we crave the things we did at a younger age, be it MTB, cars or even girls...yes, girls. Why do older men in their late 30's early 40's plump go for the younger woman...we all want what has passed in order to 're-live' our youth...! :LOL:

Lesson 1 over :LOL:

Cheers

Longy

Look Longy...this is a respectable forum you know. It's not for discussing your passion for young, plump women :oops:
as Feddie said, he wants to ride his bicycle and fat bottom girls make the rocking world go round.
Get on yer bike an ride!

p.s does that mean that you fancy those 1950's style women...you know the ones in the hoover adverts?

Latest posts

Back