Keep it on or strip? -oo er

Kev
It is ok but far from perfect there's a few rusty spots. The pic makes it look a lot better than it is, camera has made the white "glow" somewhat.

Ok so lets say I keep the frame as it is, but want to re paint the pedals bar ends seat post etc, the logos aren't decals but are painted on I imagine, how do I get those logos back on after painting black?

Hey G

Have a think about it...? Your favorite bit of kit may have blemishes and scratches and scuffs, that's what makes it so special. If we all had pristine MTB's without the scratches (that remind us of the times we fell off, hit a stone, took the skin off etc) then RETRO BIKE wouldn't be what it is...if you're 'stripping' keep it real and just re-grease, re-fit and RIDE..!

Just my 2 bob...

Longy

P.S Get the bike rebuilt and get out there and ride (FAST!!!).

i think spraying is the thing for second-hand bikes - that way the scratches and dings you cover are someone else's memories and not yours.

ah yes well said that last poster.

Longy- it's more or less stripped now, and it's come up quite good, gonna try some t-cut on it tomorrow cus there's some nasty stuff on the bottom, it might look pretty good when done, with some new tyres maybe and a bit o tlc. -well it's had a week of tlc so far. :roll:
+ I have a cunning plan in the piepline...

Back