2001 KLEIN ATTITUDE (17.8lbs) mars cl and kcnc nokon (scales

weight

• under 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You could chop your steerer down a bit and lose some grammes there. Not being 14.5 stone would help, but I am around this weight and food and beer taste too good :LOL:

re:

looks fair enough, had some of thoose juicys never got around to like them, swapped for Marta SL carbon, 180/160 thoose babys bite! but said to be a nightmare to bleed.

perhaps u should have went for a a shadow rear derailler. But there is no known problem with the shifting, perhaps more dialing? but with all thoose gears upfront the dura ace cassette should be just fine.

I acctually gave a lot of gears a try but acctually prefer my 39t with 11-34 setup and dont have to twiddle around to much

J i m s t e r":meok40jb said:
You could chop your steerer down a bit and lose some grammes there. Not being 14.5 stone would help, but I am around this weight and food and beer taste too good :LOL:

I am not sure wether I prefer food and beer or carbon :LOL: :LOL:
but until my mind is made up I think I will keep eating ;)
I am a bit loathe to cut my steerer down as If I decide to remove these forks and fit some 2002 sid carbon race forks I wont be able to sell them on as the steerer is rediculously short :!:

Neil G":2k7k8gnu said:
Very nice, impressive weight for a fully geared bike

As for the brakes I had a similar problem and found that a muddy ride or putting some mud onto the discs and a few stops made them bite much better.

mud :!: ahhhhhhhhhhh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

some people have said lose the front mech and two of the chain rings but I like to have the full compliment myself(I think that a mountain bike with no chainrings is like a bmx with big wheels :LOL: :LOL: )

O.K. some updates;I have changed my thomson elite seatpost for a ritchey carbon pro post(40 grammes lighter) and I am selling the crank bros pedals as I do not like the amount of float they give,not sure what to replace them with yet though :?: any ideas :?: I quite like the time carbon mtb pedals but have never used them. :cool:

If you want lightweight normal pedals that accept standard shimano SPD cleats, get some Exustar PM25, weighing in at 283g for approx £35 on fleabay, or the Ti Spindle version (PM25Ti) at 215g per pair.

That bike look too nice, good work. It a shame my experiance with light bits on an XC bike has never been too good. May be I should try again but it is walet breaking.

A newbie in suffolk :?: :?: Whereabouts as you are just down the road from me ;) It is wallet busting and my wife complains v.much :oops: (but she know nothing...she's from barcelona :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )
I have just spent more money as well he he he. :twisted:

Updates are; Gold ti-nitride bolt kit for my juicy carbon's mmmm.
Ritchey pro carbon seatpost with ti hardware (195 grams :D )
microtech full carbon stem with ti bolts (99 grams) 120mm!!!!
lot's of titanium bolts too :D :D

The stem is so light that I am a bit wary of using it :shock: :oops:

Looks much nicer now and shed another 127 grams :!: :!: :!:

The pedals are going in favour of exustar ti spindles or M959 xtr with titanium axles :!:

Pics up at the weekend.

New pics below ;)

Attachments

• P1000845.JPG
    P1000845.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,720
  • P1000848.JPG
    P1000848.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,720
  • P1000847.JPG
    P1000847.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,720
I keep on coming back to this! A really nice build. Not a big fan of the big K's but this is a stunner. I may have to find one for myself

Back