Best Canti's or V's??

Vees or Canti's?

I run 185mm Juicy Carbons on my Cove Hand job, so any rim brakes are going to be a big retro grade step, although I used to run them on all my bikes way back. I was after originality really, what about Shimano 600 or DX V's as these were the first V brakes I believe?

Re: Vees or Canti's?

Wold Ranger":2eb40txl said:
I run 185mm Juicy Carbons on my Cove Hand job, so any rim brakes are going to be a big retro grade step, although I used to run them on all my bikes way back. I was after originality really, what about Shimano 600 or DX V's as these were the first V brakes I believe?

I dont think disc brakes being waaay more powerful than Vs or cantis is under dispute ;)

I use the 98g pair of Steinbach V´s in my xc bike, and they are very powerfull and progressive.

Altought, i ´ve used Critical Racing, Onza HO and XTR canti´s and they here also powerfull enough for a cross country use. They are a bit more dificult to setup, but after doing it, great brakes as well...

Canti's

I am err' ing towards Canti's at the mo', probably anodised for a bit of bling, with a colour scheme. Thnanx for all the info, plenty to go on!

Back