Another new one...

Thank´s , guys.

As i wrote before, i´ve raced with some of these bikes and parts years ago, and fortunatly, i didn´t sold them all. They were hard to get then, and seem harder to get now...

I´m going to rebuilt all them as they were on those days (or as close as possible) and then, i will sell or swap some bit´s i don´t need.

Pace, i have 2 sets of AC, but ´till i decide what to do with them, i´ll keep em. IF i decide to send away, i´ll PM you.

Thank´s for all your answers. What i really want to know is when did the Caramba cranks started to be produced. Were they on the market in 92-93, same time as the RTS?

age caramba double barrels

Hi,

congrats with your treasure find in the garage!

I don't believe the double barrels were there in 1992/93.

As far back as I can see they entered the market in 1996.

Here's a quote from a fellow biker on mtbr.com:
"I also worked for a caramba dealer back in the day. I actually bought one of the very first sets of double b's from a sales rep before they were readily avaliable. That was in 96. The set I have has a 110/74 spider."

The first reviews of those cranks (not so good: they break?) are also from 1996, but I am not sure when mtbr.com started to post reviews...

Hope this helped.

That was really helpfull.

Maybe then i will keep the XTR M900 crankset in the RTS and save the Caramba´s for a more recent project (like the Marin Monocoque or the Y11).

Thank´s Obi Wan.

Cheers

I haven´t posted pics of my RTS-1 and Marin yet.

So, here they are.

07082007202yh3.jpg

My ´93 RTS-1, which i´m going to rebuild as original...

07082007203me3.jpg

07082007205ul3.jpg

And also a frame and wheels a bought a week ago, very cheap.
Not so old as the rest, but still some good parts.

07082007201lw4.jpg

Back