2001 KLEIN ATTITUDE (17.8lbs) mars cl and kcnc nokon (scales

weight

• under 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you look in >1997 in the forum you will see my mount vision with spinergy rev x on page 3 or 4 .I used to have a scott endorphin with manitou sx ti's and spinergy rev x with full xtr and titanium everything and she weighed only 20.4lbs :!: :!: I loved that bike I bought all the parts new in about 1997 and it cost me £1399 frame £345 fork £1350 wheels other parts came to about 1500 so over £4000 in total which at the time was almost as much as you could spend :!: :!: ( I was single at the time and without mortgage etc.) mind you my klein with its new paint job etc. has cost me about £3500 (do not tell the wife :roll:)

marin man":3eugt7ww said:
I have a dura ace titanium nine speed cassette in my office which I could fit and weighs so little it could float if not tied down :shock: :shock: but not sure if it will work with my long cage xtr rear mech :?:

The Dura Ace cassette will work fine with your mech ;)
In the past I have used 11-21 DA cassette on mtb

you could shave the rear v-brake mounts off to save some more weight, did it to my 2003 Attitude recently ;)

Yes but that would ruin my lovely paint :cry: :cry: for a minimum weight saving is it worth it :?: How much weight does this save :?:

o.k she is finished for the time being and I have been out on her today :D
a couple of problems though :shock: my rear mech does not seem to have enough tension to move the gears up or down properly :twisted: :twisted:
I thought that m960 cassette and shifters were compatible with m970 rear mech :? :? also my disc brakes are not very sharp :shock: :shock: the pads are used but the discs are new :?: :?: maybe they will bed in :?:
Any suggestions :?: (my m950 works better at the moment than this new set up :shock: )
anyway pics below.

Attachments

• P1000793.JPG
    P1000793.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,127
  • P1000792.JPG
    P1000792.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,127
  • P1000794.JPG
    P1000794.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 2,127
  • P1000791.JPG
    P1000791.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,127
Evening mate. Juicy's - at least the higher ones that iv'e tried have always been finicky to set up. Took me 3 -4 bleeds to get mine right and they still feel a bit off. If you have a bleed kit make sure the lever reach adjust is all the way out so the lever is as far from the bar when not pulled as possible and the pad adjust is all the way out before you bleed them. Also i found that bleeding and leaving for 24 hours, then bleeding the lever helped as the air rises and seems to get stuck there. In the end though you may struggle, i have to admit i'm not a fan of the higher ones - my 5's where flawless for 3 years without being touched, my ultimates are finicky and a pain in the arse to be honest.

Cheers mark,I have just spent quite a while adjusting and bleeding them.The front one was the worst but they now seem to be fine :D :D
I have also swapped the xtr cassette for my dura ace one and the shifting is now sweeeeeeeeet :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: . I have just got back in and I think that the build has turned out quite well,BUT I will have to buy some lovely catbon sids as it is a very hard ride :shock: :shock: It as been a long time since I rode a rigid bike ;) maybe I will get used to it :?: :?:
Below are some pics of my dura ace cassette.I think the gearing will be fine for my type of riding ;) (to country pub and back after v.much beer) :oops:

Attachments

• P1000795.JPG
    P1000795.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1000796.JPG
    P1000796.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1000797.JPG
    P1000797.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,103
Very nice, impressive weight for a fully geared bike

As for the brakes I had a similar problem and found that a muddy ride or putting some mud onto the discs and a few stops made them bite much better.

marin man":3vx9onx2 said:
Yes but that would ruin my lovely paint :cry: :cry: for a minimum weight saving is it worth it :?: How much weight does this save :?:

My frame was getting a respray and i wanted to give it a clean look, it wasn't about saving weight, but every little counts ;)

Back