Item Obtained, Thanks.

Still looking

Some good sound advice there. Thanks

Am still looking for a PCI graphics card though. The one with the '1' missing pins,,for want of a better description.

I'll give it a day or two and terminate the thread and resign myself to evilbay lottery.

Thanks again.

I have an ATI PCI Graphics card that it supposed to be very good, and it will run 4 monitors. I'll get pictures up if you're interested.

Cheers mate, picture of the connector would be great if at all possible, any specification information also would be welcomed, and obviously, what you are looking for pricewise, thanks a lot, ed.

a full run down of the computer you want it for may help to assist in advise, but you are going to struggle to find a half decent working PCI card these days altogh that said, you can find them if you dont find from your other sources add this to your watch list

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Creative-3D-Blast ... 1c12daed23

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers, thanks, I think I may have actually stumbled upon something, its not great, but it's got to be better than the onboard graphics of this old pc. Its a matrox pci card, 32mb, am waiting on spec and photo,A quick browse on the web suggests its no gaming card, and wasn't designed to be so when it was made,but, perfectly adequate for my uses.
Thanks again, ed.

Depending on the Matrox card, Mystique, Millennium and then Gx00 series are the old ones and not really much use to you. I don't thin the Parhelia will be much use.

I gather from your typings you are trying to run Windows 7. Best advice is if the onboard will not run it, then either look in the BIOS to enable more memory to be used if that is the stumbling block. But if not then the computer will more than likely be quite underpowered to run Win7.
The GeForce 5200 is not a good card to buy as I've mentioned for Windows7. It may or may not work depending on your luck ;) to get Win7 with Aero.

Best advice is not to use Win7 but stick with WinXP on the computer or move to another OS.

Ooops sorry forgot about the piccy and info for this. Will get it this afternoon for you.

I think you hit it on the head Fluffy,,, think the pc is just too old to cope with windows 7,,,, saying that, its really poor with xp. Might just try and get a m\board and cpu. Cheers for the advice mate.

I've got enough spares to build a good PC if you are stuck - postage costs only.

heck - give me a day and I could prob send you a whole PC!

Back