1996 Kona Hot

A bit of an update for this one, it's undergone a bit of a rebuild recently, just got it finished today. :D
I briefly had it built with the matching Judys, but I didn't like them much, so off they came :roll:

Updated spec, and then pics:

Frame: Kona Hot 19" frame no. HT121

Fork: triple butted P2 410mm a-c

Headset: King Red
Stem: unknown brand titanium 140mm
Handlebar: Bontrager Easton
Grips: Wilkos foam

Brakes: M951 XTR
Brake Pads: Fibrax
Brake Cables: Dura Ace Grey
Brake Levers: M951 XTR

Shifters: M952 XTR
Front Derailleur: M952 XTR
Rear Derailleur: M952 XTR
Derailleur Cables: Dura Ace Grey
Cassette: M960 XTR titanium
Chain: Sram?
Cranks: M952 XTR
Crank Bolts: M952 XTR
Chainrings: M952 XTR
Chainring bolts: M952 XTR
Bottom Bracket: M952 XTR
Pedals: No-Name Aluminium & Resin body

Hub Skewers: I think M910 XTR
Rims: Sun CR17A red
Hubs: M910 XTR
Spokes: DT Swiss DB
Tyres: Schwalbe Fast Fred
Tubes: Michelin

Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: USE titanium
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Weight: 22.5lbs

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Now that the rebuild is complete, I will be riding this at the Sherwood Pines ride on June 6th :D

Very nice.

I like the total lack of headset spacers - Looks much better... but nil points for some of the other details:

The chain should be on the big ring; the tire logos and valves aren't lined up; the dog-collar brake thing is upside down (seen from the rear) - Or is that necessary for the V-brake modificaiton?

Sorry to get all "STW".

:LOL:

Apart from that, I love it. Nice job!

Cheers guys :D

DM, to answer a couple of points, yes the cable guide is on that way for v brakes, I line the tire logos up with the rim decals, and I'm no photographer, but I'll remember to put the chain on the big ring in future.

I just bought some forks for this, the steerer on the p2's was too short and I fancied something a bit posh... Apologies for the crappy iphone pics but I'm no photographer anyway.
web.jpg

web.jpg

I've also changed the pedals to some nice Odyssey Svelte that were my Dad's for the last 15+ years until I begged them off him!

Stunning :)

l Love Kona Hots :cool: especially in stars n bars, has anyone ever seen an 18" version?

Latest posts

Back