• Sun / G.T

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sat / Bingbash

• Sun / Bingbash

• Total voters
she does look good, you goota admit it :twisted:

see you at the q8 petrol station at 7.30- wife should still be sleeping so can sneak the old girl into the garage undiscovered :LOL:

whats everyone taking ,bike wise?
proper retros or trail park specials ?

we having a swap meet too ?

The iDrives the logical choice but need to swap rear disc rotor and track down the squeaks, but I'm itching to test out the Diamondback Topanga but it still needs a plethora of bits and bobs. I'll be there on a bike, cant promise more than that :roll:

Modern for me, giving the Mary bars on the Pipedream one last chance to redeem themselves - they're actually alright except on steep drops.

try moving the bars to a slight drop on the grips, thats how mine is set up and I have never had an issue on the downs.

Azonic for me, too much fun to bring anything else :)

ZZ Glentress was where I really saw the benefit of the bars, the sweep seemed to allow me to lift the front end a whole lot easier, more a shift in weight than a lift. I guess it depends on how you ride too, furinstance I've spoken to jimi about this and he likes to ride the front end and let the forks take on the terrain where I more like to point and unload the front. The only negative I found with the bars is that they are a wee bit slower for quick turns.

I've kept the stem short, so turns are quick, and I reckon the bars have pushed my weight further back, probably because its a more upright riding position - I definitely noticed the bike felt more like it was floating (in a good way) over the ground up the Pentlands.

Apart from my nearly over the handlebars on the two drops at the start of Spooky Woods, they feel pretty good. I'll concentrate more on getting my weight backwards, heels pointing down, and as Gazz suggests I'll have a look at the angle of the grips - not sure what they're like at the moment.

Bringing the Azonic? Sounds like a stop at the freeride park is in order :)

Sounds like you need to ride the pipedream more old school, weight further back less weight on the bars as Gaz and Kaiser suggest ;)

Also what pivots did you lube on the iDrive, there are some squeaks I wish to track down :)

velomaniac":1o3gynmb said:
Sounds like you need to ride the pipedream more old school, weight further back less weight on the bars as Gaz and Kaiser suggest ;)

Also what pivots did you lube on the iDrive, there are some squeaks I wish to track down :)
Aye, that's what I don't get though, I'm pretty sure my weight is further back since the stem is so short and the bars force you into a 'sit up and beg' position. Hopefully figure it out on the Saturday with the help of the MacRetro brain trust.

Pivots? Lube? Did nada - never had any squeaking. I did have some play in one of the rear shock eyelets, so I popped the shock out and replaced the worn eyelet, but apart from that...

velomaniac":3ag8rorq said:

its probably the dog bone bushes velo

drylin ptfe dry lube is the best i found on my i-drive

Back