Since I'm new a little about me

DHder

Dirt Disciple
To start off hi,

Since I'm planning on being a regular vistor I thought I might say a little about myself.

I'm 27 years old have green eyes and a winning sense of humour......wait wait this isnt a dating site

Ok Im really 30, not long got in to bikes started in 2006/7 after my brother in law persuaded me to go out on his DH rig, from that moment I was hooked.

Got myself a Coyote DH3 for my first adult bike (my first kids bike was a raleigh wildcat, those were the days) and started downhill biking I took to it like a duck to sand, after a year of getting beat up with tree's at Innerleithen I started getting good, I say good in the sense that the tree's got less violent.

After about 2 years I sadly had to sell my bike and concentrate on work (I'm a computer engineer), 2 years later and work sorted I started to get the itch again.

Got myself a 2004 Kona stab and started the downhill route again, I was/am rustier than a bag of -enter some old metal component- .

To get my fitness up I thought a bit of road/easy trails would be nice so I got to looking for a fully rigid bike, after a few months I was offered a "retro" claud butler.....that was only a few days ago, now I find myself wanting to make it "as new" the retro bug has bitten, in my searching I found myself here.
I find myself drawn toward XC style stuff as my fitness needs work but love the DH

Just thought I would say hi in this way, so hello!

:D Hi
Their is an for a sporting dating site at the bottom of the page :LOL:
Pictures please of your steads

hi

Well hello and welcome.
Nice introduction, and may I say you are in a perfect geographical location for Macretro rideouts in the central belt being from Lanark.
Cracking bunch of peeps here as I'm sure you'll find out.
Beware though the for sale forums, they will strip your pocket money and more in next to no time.

Looking forward to meeting you at some future meet.

Old man Dave.

After getting the retro bike I have theoretically spent to much money in the for sale forums here, luckily my wife is the holder of the purse and I try to turn my hand more to make do and mend.

I would love my retro to be as new but all I really need to do is buy some pedals, after that I can make just about everything on the bike look...respectable.
No doubt I shall be joining a future outing, looking forward to it.

Welcome buddy :) , look forward to meeting you ;)

It wont in any way shape or form be a date though, incase you get the wrong idea :LOL:

Welcome DHder :D

A DH day sounds gid Eck. Where and when ?

I'll let you have a wee shot of my ATX and you'll want one :LOL:

I think my old track at Dollar may still be rideable if that's of any use for a meeting of DH type bikes.

Hmm a downhill day.... sounds like my cup of warm beverage.

The ATX you talk of, I assume its a giant ATX one?

Had a frame for one of those some time back, really loved the look but I got it for a song so bought it to make some money on resale, I loved the look and It took me 6 weeks to decide to sell it and not build it up.

Im no good for any riding action until the end of June, going to London in the morning for some work related stuff then off to Wales for a downhill long weekend holiday.

Need to work on my fitness big time as well, just been back on the bike for a month or so and even then its sporadic 1 or 2 days a week.

Pushing up a hill is killing me, no energy for the down part.

Hopefully my new rigid and some road riding will sort me out quick smart.

As a side note:
jimihendrix":2vskaez7 said:
Welcome buddy :) , look forward to meeting you ;)

It wont in any way shape or form be a date though, incase you get the wrong idea :LOL:
Made me laugh, if I buy you a drink can I call it a date?

Back