Raleigh - Castorama replica? BIN

Looks like it has a braze on behind the head tube for a race number holder..........that would suggest it's decent quality.

That braze on is surely for a pump. The lugs look like Dyna Tech to me, so I'd guess this is one of the frames they sold separately in Castorama colours. In the 1990 brochure these were either the 2070 or 2060 tubes.

paul_tea":1ex5jrhj said:
That braze on is surely for a pump. The lugs look like Dyna Tech to me, so I'd guess this is one of the frames they sold separately in Castorama colours. In the 1990 brochure these were either the 2070 or 2060 tubes.

Yup, sounds about right.

You could of course look at the 1990 catalogue in our own archive > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=56028

Frame sticker on the seat tube looks a little like the 2070 tubed frame. Either way if this was my size I'd click BIN without second thought, very cool item!

What........look for stuff in the archives here afore relying on Google??? B-but that's madness!! :shock:
*:oops: at the laziness of "click on google and only look at the top half of the page" methosd of research*

Lysander":17jsdyn6 said:
What........look for stuff in the archives here afore relying on Google??? B-but that's madness!! :shock:
*:oops: at the laziness of "click on google and only look at the top half of the page" methosd of research*

Suppose I shouldn't complain the archive seems to get poorly represented in google.

Back