Post your non-retro ride(s)!!!

It stems from the fact that I always hitch my leg over the toptube rather than behind (dodgy knee and hip, you see) and it scratches the top tube.When I was living in Philly there was a cool courier bag shop (RE.load bags) that sold top tube pads for courier bikes and they custom made me this pad and one for the chainstay and have since made one for my Roberts. Also makes my bike look like my first Raleigh Burner!

pete_mcc":3tofvxhh said:
It stems from the fact that I always hitch my leg over the toptube rather than behind (dodgy knee and hip, you see) and it scratches the top tube.When I was living in Philly there was a cool courier bag shop (RE.load bags) that sold top tube pads for courier bikes and they custom made me this pad and one for the chainstay and have since made one for my Roberts. Also makes my bike look like my first Raleigh Burner!

I understand. A burner pad would look cooler though, maybe you could get a night burner pad to match ?

These are the bikes i usually ride...

Storck Organic Light... 10,5 kg, with Xentis carbon wheels, Reba WC, X0 and Avid Ultimate

pbpic1401106.jpg

pbpic1401107.jpg

Storck Rebel Carbon - 8,9 kg, also with Avid Ultimate, Mavic SLR, XTR and Reba WC

pbpic1401189.jpg

11052007044ed6.jpg

Corratec Superbow Titanium - 9,8 kg - Marta´s, XTR, Tune hubs, Fox RLC 2008

pbpic1401101.jpg

pbpic1401104.jpg

And my other Corratec, also a Superbow Titanium, but my project Sub 7, with 6,8 kg (15 lbs). Has some of the lightest parts in the market today - certainly not an old school... :)

az068bc6.jpg

az071jq8.jpg

az063oc8.jpg

az060zh4.jpg

jez-2-many-bikes":8e9h29u2 said:
Whahhahhhhah!

That Corratec Ti is Awesome!

(damp pants now)

true - i prefer the 9.8kg :shock: version. Looks like it can take some hammer too.....

Have to agree that corratec is yummy. remember seeing a few of their bikes BITD but didn't realise they were still around.

That Corratec is lush... I doubt it would last five minutes under me in my local forest but it's lush none the less!

Where do you find a ti corratec like that?

In terms of modern bikes that and the Cycip ti (with the bullit flash gordon end caps) has to be my faves.

Someone tell me they are selling one...

Back