Decals Decals Decals !!!

John":2128di60 said:
When it comes to decals hard to fault Gil@Cyclesheds work. Top bloke too :D

Before I contact Gil_M, does he do any graphics? I need some Fat Shock-A-Billy ones but don't have a photo/template etc.

If you supply good pics and measurements etc, he will work with you to get them good. He already had the template for what I needed, but asked about some he didn't have too.

I think he may be taking a slight break, i've had some work with him for quite a while now and havn't had a reply to a follow up email I sent the other day :/ perhaps he's busy with other things.

Gil just recently returned from an extended holiday in the states...give him a bit of time to breath and he'll get back to everyone.

Good bloke!

cheers,

rody

At the moment I'm after a price really - anybody know how much he is likely to charge for a set of decals for my GT Lightning (head tube GT, down tube 2 X big GT, top tube 2 X Lightning) no designs just an ebay photo I sent him showing another frame with the sort of thing I want?

The other question I would ask is I have this GT Lightning frame without decals that may fetch £250+ (one on Ebay went for £310) - is it worth putting decals on or will they not pay for themselves? It's obvious what the frame is, given it's a triple triangle titanium one and isn't a Xizang, so decals arenb't strictly needed for identification...

Hello Guys, Thanks for the comments on previous work and apologises for not getting back to people sooner, as a couple of you have said I am a little snowed under at the moment :oops:

Main problem is the weather, :) finally we have a summer again and I keep having these strange urges to ride a bike instead of sitting in front of a computer.

As some of you have pointed out stickers are easy... I wish

If people can supply vector files to me that are the correct size, it certainly makes things easier for my, but most people don't know what a vector file is and only have tatty old decals to work from :roll:

This isn't a problem and I like to do things right, so its a case of re-drawing the images, which can take anything up to 10 hours for the last Fat Chance ones I did and then these need screen printing which in this case is 5 repeat processes as its a 5 colour job.

I don't have a problem with the above, as I enjoy "getting things right", I could do you a quick digital print onto a clear vinyl, but it never looks the same. Consquently it takes time :oops:

So as I said, sorry for not getting back to some of you guys sooner, but I get there in the end :D

Cheers

Gil

Back